You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Short Cervix and Preterm Labor > Comments

Short Cervix and Preterm Labor Comments & Discussion | Page 7

Read the full article at Short Cervix and Preterm Labor

Joy Apr 24, 2010 01:56:16 AM ET

I am 19 & 20 weeks pregnant with a boy. i have been diagnosed with a short cervix so my doctor put a cerclage in and put me on bed rest. he said no sex, lifting, or standing for a long period of time. i always rub my stomach, i feel like we have bonded already & hes not even here yet. i hope my baby will b healthy & well & i hope the same for u all.

Char Apr 20, 2010 12:39:21 PM ET

23 wks plus 6 days with a little girl, was told yesterday that my cervix is short. this is my first child and i have just been praying to god that i may it full term and if not that my baby girl will be healthy enough to survive. i have faith as i was premature and so was my mum and we are both perfectly normal. however from the above everyone will experience something, my heart goes out to those who lost their little ones and i pray for those who are in the situation as me, may god be with us all.

naty Mar 16, 2010 02:38:28 AM ET

I'm 19 weeks with my 3rd pregnancy my dr. told me my cervix was short due to a leep i had last year i hope to god this baby stays in me as long as possible god bless anyone who has to deal with this kind of stress

Sara Mar 8, 2010 01:11:21 AM ET

My heart goes out to all of you who have lost your babies. i am currently 30 weeks pregnant with a shortened cervix. i was fortunate that my doctor had the foresight to monitor my length based on a previous history of a leep procedure. my initial measurement at 17 weeks was 2.7 cm, and at my last appt. last week i was down to 2.3 cm. i go in again next week and they will also start testing for fetal fibronectin. i also am just praying that my baby stays in me as long as possible. i wish you all the best!

Amanda Mar 4, 2010 02:00:38 PM ET

This is my 3rd pregance. i have 6 yr. old twin girls that was born at 28wks the both said in the hositpal for over two months the worst two months of my life sitting there watching my babies fight for their life.to look at them now you would never guess that they only weighed 2lbs. 6oz each. they are very health and very smart. 2 1/2 yrs. later i got pregnant again and this time my doctor did the cerclage and put me on bed rest, already having twin girls at home bed rest wasnt that easy. i carried her to full term and she is now 3 1/2. now this is my 3rd pregancy with my lil boy that i have always wanted at 16 weeks i got another cerclage. i am 25 weeks now and i have been having contractions on and off. i started hurting last week for about two days. i went in on tuesday for my 25th week check up to find out that my cervix is starting to shorten. so i go in next week to have an ultersound done and to be check again. having three girls at home and them being into sports its hard to be on bed rest. so in one week my life has been turned upside down. i've already been their premature labor and im praying that god watches over me and my baby and i can carry him to full term. that is something i hope i never have to go threw again. to the ladies that have last their babies my heart goes out to you all. your next pregancy please ask for a cerclage and have your doctor to watch you closely. because you are now high rist. i went in today and yesterday to get the steroid shot to help develop his lungs just in case he decides to come early. if you feel anything is wrong please go to the er or labor and delivery and get checked out. its better to be safe. i hope i have helped a lil. please pray for me and my baby. again to all the mothers that have lost your babies my heart and prays go out to you and your love ones.

Misty Mar 2, 2010 09:14:54 PM ET

I am currently 26w3d pregnant with a boy. in january 2009 i delivered at 14 weeks. this pregnancy my dr checked my cervical length immediately. at 16 weeks i got cerclage. my cervix has shortened and i take progesterone shots and will be starting steroid shots tomorrow.i'm praying i make it to full term.

quanisha Feb 27, 2010 08:38:28 PM ET

I am 30weeks and im having pain in my virgina and my back is always hurting and the doctor say my cervix is messuring short about 3cm what does that mean?

Fathima Feb 16, 2010 05:56:43 PM ET

I was 18 weeks last week and gave birth. there was no heart beat for the baby when i delivered. my cervix was short too but no reason why. listen everyone next time ask your doctors for cerclage the stich of a cervix and progesterone shot. i heard that these things should help us next time. this is my first baby too. but i lost. i became pregnant after 8 yrs and this happened to me. i'm sad but not that upset about it because i really believe everything happens, happens for good. and i also believe my child is in heaven. remember everyone put your complete trust in god. hopefully there's another chance and opppurtunity for all of us since we all went thru the same thing. good luck to all.

farah Jan 26, 2010 01:37:00 AM ET

I had a miscarriage of a lovely boy at home at 14 weeks. my results are clear. i had symptoms about a week before but they failed to catch it until i was in emergency and diagnosed with a threatened miscarriage. the final conclusion was that i have an incompetent cervix...short / weak cervix! but what surprises me is that why obgyn's don't measure your cervix from day one i think that should be a procedural and a legal thing now. if they had caught it in time i would still have my baby in my stomach growing and bonding with me. but i also believe it was my fate and this was not my time. i loved something god loved and he took it back. but we as women must learn from this and never in the future hesitate to ask for extra tests and to stand strong when we know something is wrong. this was my first pregnancy and i wish i had been more aware of things and put my foot down when i knew something was wrong rather then just give in to the doctors! i know my baby is in heaven...there isn't a single day i don't think about him. i feel you never get over losing a child but you learn to deal with it and you have no choice but to move forwards. i know i will never let a doctor make the wrong decision for me when i know i need more help etc.

shikha Dec 12, 2009 10:40:25 AM ET

I had a premature birth of baby at 16 week 6 month ago it was thru ivf now again i am taking treatment so what precautions should i take to avoid this again

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >>