Dad to Dad

You are here: Home > Dads > Couvade Syndrome (Sympathy Pains) > Comments

Couvade Syndrome (Sympathy Pains) Comments & Discussion | Page 3

Read the full article at Couvade Syndrome (Sympathy Pains)

Roxanne Nov 16, 2010 07:52:19 PM ET

My husband has had headaches, mood swings, toothaches, backaches, stomache aches, diarrhea, nasal congestions, nosebleeds, and weight gain! poor guy! he says he rather it be him than me! sweet! :)

SevenMoreMonthsToGo Oct 11, 2010 07:56:30 PM ET

I'm pregnant with my first child and my husband just started experiencing nausea. it usually comes on whenever i feel nauseous too.

tboo Sep 23, 2010 01:51:50 PM ET

My baby daddy has been complaining of back pains..cravings for hunny bunns an penut butter..nausea and vomitting for both pregnancies..this is unbelievable!

John Sep 9, 2010 06:28:35 PM ET

My wife is expecting in 2 weeks sept 22nd. these are the symptoms i have experienced. early on in her pregnancy before we even knew she was pregnant i gave up smoking i just didnt like it anymore. also i gained about 3 lbs a month all way up for about 30 lbs gained total. for the past month or so i get heartburn when my wife gets heartburn. i also feel bloated and constipated. oh and i also lost my appetite.

Adam Jun 27, 2010 07:23:40 PM ET

Wow, to think how real this is. my girlfriend is pregnant, however we don't live in the same state, she lives in arkansas. though we are very distant, i'm very close to her. just recently started getting symptoms of indigestion, insomnia, change in appetite, some headaches, and itchy skin. her due date is october 20th. this info has been really helpful, and looking forward to seeing my new born baby soon.

Jeralee Jun 23, 2010 06:28:34 PM ET

I thought it odd that all of a sudden my huband says i think something is wrong with me and i need to go to the doc. i asked why and he said he was throwing up and had stomach cramps. i realized looking back at those days they were the dame days i had severe migraines and was also throwing up. i think i will point him in the direction of this website. kinda sad. also i think if men feel anything during the pregnancy it means that they are just that emotionally involed and care about how you are feeling not trying to steal the attention away from you. i am very greatful to my husband for being as supportive as he is and any other man that show is other half how much he appreciates her carrying his baby.

RH Mar 12, 2010 06:12:56 AM ET

Im a 21 year old male i was wondering why i was feeling all this before i was told then my girlfriend said she was pregnant then i talked to my mom and sister and they told me about this i literally smell my girlfriends scent on me alot kinda strange! then i realized i was fatigued all the time even with sleep! i'm gaining weight i'm always craving hamburgers and sweets shes on the second trimester and ive easily gained 10pounds already i'm even getting mood swings out of no where i'm getting headaches and my back has been killing me! ive had chest pains and my heart even hurt a few times if you look on wikipedia i am having everyone of the symptoms! this is my first child so that might be why its so bad! due dates august i cant wait to see the baby and get this couvade done with!

christina Jan 29, 2010 06:57:54 PM ET

My husband has been complaining about this with both pregnancys. i used to laugh about it untill i googled it. i came across couvade syndrome, i cant believe it's true. i think its kinda cute. they can sit there and complain about a cramp or a big belly, its too bad they will never experience the full experience. :)

Dustin Nov 11, 2009 07:24:14 AM ET

And this is our first child. she is eating great, and i am not eating at all. and physical symptoms are: back pains, head aches, anxiety, diarrhea, insomnia, nausea, indegestion. our due time is mid-march. and now with the alaskan winter here, driving these dangerous winter roads i get my share of anxiety.

Dustin Nov 11, 2009 07:21:10 AM ET

To the last commenter: i feel you completely! i am asking my fiances obgyn for help because i cant sleep, eat, nothing, etc. etc.

<< 1 2 3 4 Next >>

Go back to Couvade Syndrome (Sympathy Pains)