You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Week by Week > Pregnancy Week 18 > Comments

Elaine Feb 3, 2015 10:41:54 AM ET

I'm 32, 18 weeks and 4 days pregnant with my 3rd baby. i find out in 2 weeks weather it's a boy. we are blessed with one of each already!

TaWana Jan 19, 2015 09:24:17 AM ET

I'm 37, and i am 18 weeks today! i am excited, but i'm worried that i haven't felt my baby move yet. this is my second child. with my first, i felt it early, but that was eleven years ago! i'm starting over and i'm nervous, but excited at the same time.

Erin Sep 18, 2014 11:59:02 AM ET

I am 29, and 18 weeks 4 days into my 4th pregnancy. my husband and i found out yesterday that we are having our 3rd boy! i have only gained 5 pounds, but tons of inches. i was worried, but doctor says that everything looks ok, so all is well. very excited!

Shannon Jun 8, 2014 11:44:38 AM ET

I'm 18 weeks 4 days. i have a lower backache, sciatic nerve ache, and my hands fall asleep while i'm sleeping. this is baby #3. i started out at 214 lbs, dropped to 206 and am now at 210 lbs. this pendant has been so different from my girls. i'm hoping for a boy.

maryleanner Apr 19, 2014 01:48:35 AM ET

I am 18 weeks and 4 days pregnant today!! i am 32 and this is my 3rd pregnancy. i have 2 girls so we hoping for a boy, but either way as long as the baby is healthy that is really all that matters. starting to feel the baby move!!! i go in a week to find out if we are having a boy or girl. i can't wait!!

Guest Nov 29, 2013 12:04:09 AM ET

I'm 39 years old and pregnant with my fourth child. because of my age i was told to get tested for down symdrome. is that normal? i'm scared to get the procedure done. they have to put a needle in my stomach to get some fluid from the baby.

Georgina Dec 12, 2013 11:49:09 AM ET

I'm 46 and pregnant. i've had 3 chromosomal tests so far. all blood tests, nothing invasive. i feel satisfied with the results. the amnio test is voluntary. i chose not to do it because it carries risks that i was unwilling to take.

Guest Dec 18, 2014 07:02:56 AM ET

They do blood work first before doing that exam. only if the blood work shows anything that could lead to down syndrome. then, they do the needle in your belly procedure. but, it is all optional. you don't have to do any of it if you don't want to.

Renee Nov 23, 2016 03:30:54 AM ET

Hi, i'm currently 18 weeks and 6 days. i had to have a cvs done 3 weeks ago. i was petrified. but the procedure was actually ok. i can't believe it. i was told a 1% chance of miscarriage. we weighed up the options and odds and just went ahead with it. we are expecting a baby boy!! if i had to do it all over again i would. good luck with making your decision.

Guest Oct 26, 2013 06:49:45 PM ET

I'm 18 weeks tomorrow. i feel the baby's movement most times but not all the time. gonna find out the sex in 2 weeks time. i can't wait i want a boy but i don't mind whatever god gives me i will be happy.

Seqouia Oct 7, 2013 07:39:08 PM ET

So far this is a simple pregnancy. it's my first and i feel amazing. i feel the baby so much it's amazing!! i find out on wednesday if it's a boy or girl. i have lost 14 lbs since i got pregnant yet you can big time see i'm pregnant. haha only real symptom i have is i get abit dizzy and tired. but nothing i can't handle. anyone else have a simple pregnancy so far? i never got morning sickness either. i would have never known i was pregnant if my 6 year old niece didn't randomly ask me if i was.

advanced age Aug 17, 2013 08:23:23 AM ET

I'm 42 and pregnant with my 4th. yep, he's a surprise and yep,its a boy. i know already bc the gift of being a mom of advanced maternal age is that they do chromosomal testing to rule out problems. in doing that, they saw there was a y chromosome. i was so nervous about my age but i'm 18 weeks and i feel great! i've gained more than i should (15#) but i can't complain. i'm so blessed and can't wait to welcome this little guy into our crazy family:-)

Georgina Dec 12, 2013 11:55:52 AM ET

I'm 46 and pregnant! also a surprise. at first, i was quite overwhelmed, but now i'm very excited too! what a blessing!! and i enjoy being a woman of advanced maternal age because my docs make such a fuss over me. it's cute! my baby is a perfectly healthy baby boy!!

stacy Aug 14, 2013 01:52:35 PM ET