You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Week by Week > Pregnancy Week 18 > Comments

maryleanner Apr 19, 2014 01:48:35 AM ET

I am 18 weeks and 4 days pregnant today!! i am 32 and this is my 3rd pregnancy. i have 2 girls so we hoping for a boy, but either way as long as the baby is healthy that is really all that matters. starting to feel the baby move!!! i go in a week to find out if we are having a boy or girl. i can't wait!!

Guest Nov 29, 2013 12:04:09 AM ET

I'm 39 years old and pregnant with my fourth child. because of my age i was told to get tested for down symdrome. is that normal? i'm scared to get the procedure done. they have to put a needle in my stomach to get some fluid from the baby.

Georgina Dec 12, 2013 11:49:09 AM ET

I'm 46 and pregnant. i've had 3 chromosomal tests so far. all blood tests, nothing invasive. i feel satisfied with the results. the amnio test is voluntary. i chose not to do it because it carries risks that i was unwilling to take.

Guest Dec 18, 2014 07:02:56 AM ET

They do blood work first before doing that exam. only if the blood work shows anything that could lead to down syndrome. then, they do the needle in your belly procedure. but, it is all optional. you don't have to do any of it if you don't want to.

Renee Nov 23, 2016 03:30:54 AM ET

Hi, i'm currently 18 weeks and 6 days. i had to have a cvs done 3 weeks ago. i was petrified. but the procedure was actually ok. i can't believe it. i was told a 1% chance of miscarriage. we weighed up the options and odds and just went ahead with it. we are expecting a baby boy!! if i had to do it all over again i would. good luck with making your decision.

Guest Oct 26, 2013 06:49:45 PM ET

I'm 18 weeks tomorrow. i feel the baby's movement most times but not all the time. gonna find out the sex in 2 weeks time. i can't wait i want a boy but i don't mind whatever god gives me i will be happy.

Seqouia Oct 7, 2013 07:39:08 PM ET

So far this is a simple pregnancy. it's my first and i feel amazing. i feel the baby so much it's amazing!! i find out on wednesday if it's a boy or girl. i have lost 14 lbs since i got pregnant yet you can big time see i'm pregnant. haha only real symptom i have is i get abit dizzy and tired. but nothing i can't handle. anyone else have a simple pregnancy so far? i never got morning sickness either. i would have never known i was pregnant if my 6 year old niece didn't randomly ask me if i was.

advanced age Aug 17, 2013 08:23:23 AM ET

I'm 42 and pregnant with my 4th. yep, he's a surprise and yep,its a boy. i know already bc the gift of being a mom of advanced maternal age is that they do chromosomal testing to rule out problems. in doing that, they saw there was a y chromosome. i was so nervous about my age but i'm 18 weeks and i feel great! i've gained more than i should (15#) but i can't complain. i'm so blessed and can't wait to welcome this little guy into our crazy family:-)

Georgina Dec 12, 2013 11:55:52 AM ET

I'm 46 and pregnant! also a surprise. at first, i was quite overwhelmed, but now i'm very excited too! what a blessing!! and i enjoy being a woman of advanced maternal age because my docs make such a fuss over me. it's cute! my baby is a perfectly healthy baby boy!!

stacy Aug 14, 2013 01:52:35 PM ET

Im 18 weeks and 4 days i wanna know when did i conceive

anon Nov 3, 2013 06:19:05 PM ET

Probably around when i did..i'm 18w2d and i conceived july

tara.parker Aug 13, 2013 10:45:48 AM ET

I am 18 weeks 1 day. feel great minus the back pain. :) starting weight 189 and today 193. started out heavy but am okay with what weight i've gained thus far. also have a 15 month old son and am hoping for a girl!!

Kristy Aug 16, 2013 04:46:00 PM ET

Im 18 weeks 2 day and we find out the ex next friday! i can'wait! as of my last appointment i had only gained 4lbs so i was happy about that. :) good luck!

Kays Aug 7, 2013 04:14:08 AM ET

I am 18 weeks 2 days and we are so excited, 2nd child with our 1st 4ys and she cant wait for a new friend in the house. i feel terrible upper backaches when l sleep and some abdorminal pains during the day. a lot of headaches too. i wonder why l have such upper backaches in contrast to everyone feeling lower backaches. will find out gender in our next visit in a few weeks. thanks for your posts, makes me feel better knowing lm not alone and all the best

Bvardiman Jul 16, 2013 06:27:17 PM ET

So why shouldnt i be laying on my back? this is my first pregnancy i'm 18 wks and 3 days with our little boy, and haven't had any symptoms during this entire time. my husband and i had been trying for about 6 months to get pregnant, so we were just waiting for the positive pregnancy test...i'm not showing at all i still fit into my jeans and it kinda makes me mad. i want a cute pregnant belly! :(

JJM Jul 21, 2013 02:51:34 PM ET

When you lay on your back, your uterus now falls onto some important blood vessels that your placenta needs to continue creating nutrients. it can also make your blood pressure drop. don't freak out if you have been doing so. :) but spending too long on your back can be bad for giving your baby enough nutrients.

Mykis Aug 2, 2013 09:56:45 AM ET

Try to avoid laying on your back because that can cause your oxygen to the baby to slow down and your blood flow to the heart, it is important to lay on your side. with my first child i was about 30 pounds smaller than i was with this one and i didn't really start showing until about 5-6 months so your belly will come. :) i am 18 weeks and a day and i am showing and have been for a month, the baby is always on my lung so if i walk down the hall at my job i get out of breath fast, i am having a girl this time and i still have nausea on and off.

Carly Aug 11, 2013 04:40:37 PM ET

Since this is your first pregnancy, that may be why your not showing yet. with my first pregnancy i didnt start showing until around 20-25 weeks...im 18 weeks and 4 days into my second pregnancy and i've been showing since week 10!

Guest Jun 20, 2013 07:56:14 PM ET

1 have d1fferent feel1ngs th1s 1s the 3rd baby ?? back hurts,head hurts but ì? excited n

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >>