You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Week by Week > Pregnancy Week 18 > Comments

tara.parker Aug 13, 2013 10:45:48 AM ET

I am 18 weeks 1 day. feel great minus the back pain. :) starting weight 189 and today 193. started out heavy but am okay with what weight i've gained thus far. also have a 15 month old son and am hoping for a girl!!

Kristy Aug 16, 2013 04:46:00 PM ET

Im 18 weeks 2 day and we find out the ex next friday! i can'wait! as of my last appointment i had only gained 4lbs so i was happy about that. :) good luck!

Kays Aug 7, 2013 04:14:08 AM ET

I am 18 weeks 2 days and we are so excited, 2nd child with our 1st 4ys and she cant wait for a new friend in the house. i feel terrible upper backaches when l sleep and some abdorminal pains during the day. a lot of headaches too. i wonder why l have such upper backaches in contrast to everyone feeling lower backaches. will find out gender in our next visit in a few weeks. thanks for your posts, makes me feel better knowing lm not alone and all the best

Bvardiman Jul 16, 2013 06:27:17 PM ET

So why shouldnt i be laying on my back? this is my first pregnancy i'm 18 wks and 3 days with our little boy, and haven't had any symptoms during this entire time. my husband and i had been trying for about 6 months to get pregnant, so we were just waiting for the positive pregnancy test...i'm not showing at all i still fit into my jeans and it kinda makes me mad. i want a cute pregnant belly! :(

JJM Jul 21, 2013 02:51:34 PM ET

When you lay on your back, your uterus now falls onto some important blood vessels that your placenta needs to continue creating nutrients. it can also make your blood pressure drop. don't freak out if you have been doing so. :) but spending too long on your back can be bad for giving your baby enough nutrients.

Mykis Aug 2, 2013 09:56:45 AM ET

Try to avoid laying on your back because that can cause your oxygen to the baby to slow down and your blood flow to the heart, it is important to lay on your side. with my first child i was about 30 pounds smaller than i was with this one and i didn't really start showing until about 5-6 months so your belly will come. :) i am 18 weeks and a day and i am showing and have been for a month, the baby is always on my lung so if i walk down the hall at my job i get out of breath fast, i am having a girl this time and i still have nausea on and off.

Carly Aug 11, 2013 04:40:37 PM ET

Since this is your first pregnancy, that may be why your not showing yet. with my first pregnancy i didnt start showing until around 20-25 weeks...im 18 weeks and 4 days into my second pregnancy and i've been showing since week 10!

Guest Jun 20, 2013 07:56:14 PM ET

1 have d1fferent feel1ngs th1s 1s the 3rd baby ?? back hurts,head hurts but ì? excited n

AdriannAbrams Jun 6, 2013 03:44:51 PM ET

Today im 18 weeks :-) with my 4th. can't wait to find out the sex

Isabella Lawrence May 31, 2013 11:56:08 AM ET

I had my ultra sound done 3 days ago and was told i was 18 weeks and 1 day. i def. dont look it and i was suppose to be only 17 weeks. the measurements showed my doctor that i am def. 18 weeks. weve done all the calculations from my last menstrual cycle and when we tried conceiving and it all falls into place, except my baby boy is 1 week ahead of his growth schedule. is it normal for him to have a growth spirt like this? all in all, i my husband and i are very excited and happy we have a healthy little boy!

A & A May 28, 2013 02:45:05 PM ET

I'm 18 weeks today! i am thinking that maybe i feel some flutters? this is my first pregnanacy and it's hard to tell if it's gas that i am feeling (b/c i've been backed up) or if it's the baby moving?!?! hoping to feel something that i know is for sure baby soon!! i feel heavy - i was technically overweight before getting pregnant (5'9" 178.5 lbs) and am now up to 185 lbs. at 18 weeks pregnant. i'm trying to eat mostly healthy but i do splurge every once in a while because i was so nauseous and sick at beginning months....it's so nice to actually be able to eat and hold things down now this past month or so. i try to make sure i get in lots of pregnancy superfoods in my diet every day! i take my prenatal vitamins almost daily still - doctor told me i can not take them for a few days or for a while to get regulated (i have been so backed up....not sure if everyone else feels same way i do) being backed up makes me feel so big and uncomfy...ugh - taking miralax some days and senocot (my doctor told me i could take those ) but i don't want to use/take them daily b/c of not sure effects on baby?!

mommyof3 Jun 21, 2013 02:08:15 AM ET

Do you excercise at all?? increasing fluid intake (water) and excercising along with fresh fruits and raw veggies should eliminate your constipation. also, warm water with lemon or hot green tea.

Sylvie Jul 6, 2013 11:20:51 AM ET

I take something called floralax, its hard to find, but was played by my doctor and i'm kept regular on too of my fruits and veggies, and lots of water. the ingredients are psyllium fiber, aloe vera and prune. if you can take those things it would likely help with the backed up bowels.

Svantell Aug 9, 2013 11:15:34 AM ET

I found that starting the day off with two big glasses of water helps me have a bowel movement in the morning. i drink the two glasses and wait about 30-45m to eat. if i don't have a bowel movement within that time, i'll usually feel the need while i'm eating breakfast. when iv been backed up a few days, i take a couple tablespoons of milk of magnesia. works every time (hours later, of course).

Kerianne May 14, 2013 10:28:10 AM ET

I'm 18 weeks 3 days with my second my first is 15 months so still have baby weight from last one and still gaining (sarcastic yay) but have rh- so im little worried this time around cuz this one not as easy as the first fingers crossed it gets little easier later on

Melissa May 5, 2013 12:25:36 AM ET

My husband has one daughter (16) and i have one daughter (15) and one son (10). this is our first together :) i'm 18 1/2 weeks and feeling great! already in maternity clothes, but i have not gained any weight. thankful for that, i'm starting this pregnancy 20 lbs. heavier than i was at the end if my last pregnancy :(

layla Apr 28, 2013 08:38:37 PM ET

18 weeks and this is my second pregnancy and i hope its a boy i will love to have to boys

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next >>