You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Week by Week > Pregnancy Week 18 > Comments

AdriannAbrams Jun 6, 2013 03:44:51 PM ET

Today im 18 weeks :-) with my 4th. can't wait to find out the sex

Isabella Lawrence May 31, 2013 11:56:08 AM ET

I had my ultra sound done 3 days ago and was told i was 18 weeks and 1 day. i def. dont look it and i was suppose to be only 17 weeks. the measurements showed my doctor that i am def. 18 weeks. weve done all the calculations from my last menstrual cycle and when we tried conceiving and it all falls into place, except my baby boy is 1 week ahead of his growth schedule. is it normal for him to have a growth spirt like this? all in all, i my husband and i are very excited and happy we have a healthy little boy!

A & A May 28, 2013 02:45:05 PM ET

I'm 18 weeks today! i am thinking that maybe i feel some flutters? this is my first pregnanacy and it's hard to tell if it's gas that i am feeling (b/c i've been backed up) or if it's the baby moving?!?! hoping to feel something that i know is for sure baby soon!! i feel heavy - i was technically overweight before getting pregnant (5'9" 178.5 lbs) and am now up to 185 lbs. at 18 weeks pregnant. i'm trying to eat mostly healthy but i do splurge every once in a while because i was so nauseous and sick at beginning months....it's so nice to actually be able to eat and hold things down now this past month or so. i try to make sure i get in lots of pregnancy superfoods in my diet every day! i take my prenatal vitamins almost daily still - doctor told me i can not take them for a few days or for a while to get regulated (i have been so backed up....not sure if everyone else feels same way i do) being backed up makes me feel so big and uncomfy...ugh - taking miralax some days and senocot (my doctor told me i could take those ) but i don't want to use/take them daily b/c of not sure effects on baby?!

mommyof3 Jun 21, 2013 02:08:15 AM ET

Do you excercise at all?? increasing fluid intake (water) and excercising along with fresh fruits and raw veggies should eliminate your constipation. also, warm water with lemon or hot green tea.

Sylvie Jul 6, 2013 11:20:51 AM ET

I take something called floralax, its hard to find, but was played by my doctor and i'm kept regular on too of my fruits and veggies, and lots of water. the ingredients are psyllium fiber, aloe vera and prune. if you can take those things it would likely help with the backed up bowels.

Svantell Aug 9, 2013 11:15:34 AM ET

I found that starting the day off with two big glasses of water helps me have a bowel movement in the morning. i drink the two glasses and wait about 30-45m to eat. if i don't have a bowel movement within that time, i'll usually feel the need while i'm eating breakfast. when iv been backed up a few days, i take a couple tablespoons of milk of magnesia. works every time (hours later, of course).

Kerianne May 14, 2013 10:28:10 AM ET

I'm 18 weeks 3 days with my second my first is 15 months so still have baby weight from last one and still gaining (sarcastic yay) but have rh- so im little worried this time around cuz this one not as easy as the first fingers crossed it gets little easier later on

Melissa May 5, 2013 12:25:36 AM ET

My husband has one daughter (16) and i have one daughter (15) and one son (10). this is our first together :) i'm 18 1/2 weeks and feeling great! already in maternity clothes, but i have not gained any weight. thankful for that, i'm starting this pregnancy 20 lbs. heavier than i was at the end if my last pregnancy :(

layla Apr 28, 2013 08:38:37 PM ET

18 weeks and this is my second pregnancy and i hope its a boy i will love to have to boys

layla Apr 28, 2013 11:39:18 AM ET

Surprised Aug 13, 2013 05:39:44 AM ET

I'm surprised by posts like - isn't it enough to be pregnant and know you'll have a little miracle without stating plainly to the world a preference...how will you feel if you have a baby girl...disappointed? would you tell your children that you wanted them to be a different sex? several m/c have made me realise how lucky i am to be pregnant and a baby, either colour, would be a blessing!

Guest May 24, 2014 09:58:20 AM ET

Do you have to have an opinion? really? you do not know this woman. or why she says anything. i think you need a hobby.

Cowgurl09 Apr 25, 2013 10:50:16 AM ET

I'm 18 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my first and can't seem to find anything positive about it (aside from the end result of course) i'm excited to be a mom but am just miserable, growing out of all my clothes, gaining weight, and just can't get comfy enough to get adequate sleep at night or to relax. thankfully i have a wonderful hubby who understands and puts up with me with little complaint lol any suggestions on what to do to make this pregnancy somewhat enjoyable?

Kelsey May 7, 2013 08:44:56 AM ET

Cowgurl09--- i know pregnancy is tough, and i know you don't like seeing the scale go up or the crazy body changes, but realize what a beautiful miracle is being knit inside you! i am 18 weeks and am just starting to feel better after gagging and vomiting for 7 weeks straight, so i feel you! god will equip you to be a great parent and just try to find little things to enjoy about your pregnancy. :) blessings!

JJM Jul 21, 2013 02:55:46 PM ET

Ditto! baby stuff shopping cheers me up, but when i'm too blah to get out, i keep myself busy finding fabulous baby deals on craigslist. you can even plan ahead and get diapers there for really cheap! i also like to crochet baby hats and blankets. it keeps me positive about having to rest so much...

Alicia Mar 20, 2013 06:42:14 PM ET

I am 18 weeks and 3 days pregnant. i have two boys one 13 and one 10i just had my ultrasound 2 days ago and the tech couldn't be sure but she thought she saw a scrotum. :-( but i get another one on april 11th and hopefully she was wrong. when i was 13 weeks i thought i was miscarrying because i was pouring blood and had a huge clot come out. however there was no pain and after that day i stopped bleeding. i went to the emergency room and was told that i still had a viable pregnancy and that what i experienced was called a sub chorionic hematoma. well that was a little over 5 weeks ago and so far so good. i still haven't felt my baby move yet which gets me a little apprehensive. i'm praying for a girl but at this point it doesn't matter. as long as my baby is healthy.

sabrina Jun 17, 2013 03:18:12 PM ET

I know how you feel be strong girl everything is going to be alright

Cristina Feb 25, 2013 02:15:21 PM ET

I am right at 18 weeks today. i was about 25lbs overweight before conceiving and i've gained about 13lbs so far. this is my 2nd child but my 1st boy will be 13 next month, nausea has gotten slightly better on most days but i look like i'm about 7months pregnant. my stomach is huge! doctor says baby is fine(they say its a girl) and its just the way i'm carrying. i'm just very uncomfortable especially when trying to sleep and i'm dealing with some constipation but no fluid retention. i'm just hoping i don't get too much bigger i feel like i'm ready to explode and people keep asking if i'm carrying twins! the joys of pregnancy....

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >>