You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Week by Week > Pregnancy Week 18 > Comments

Cowgurl09 Apr 25, 2013 10:50:16 AM ET

I'm 18 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my first and can't seem to find anything positive about it (aside from the end result of course) i'm excited to be a mom but am just miserable, growing out of all my clothes, gaining weight, and just can't get comfy enough to get adequate sleep at night or to relax. thankfully i have a wonderful hubby who understands and puts up with me with little complaint lol any suggestions on what to do to make this pregnancy somewhat enjoyable?

Kelsey May 7, 2013 08:44:56 AM ET

Cowgurl09--- i know pregnancy is tough, and i know you don't like seeing the scale go up or the crazy body changes, but realize what a beautiful miracle is being knit inside you! i am 18 weeks and am just starting to feel better after gagging and vomiting for 7 weeks straight, so i feel you! god will equip you to be a great parent and just try to find little things to enjoy about your pregnancy. :) blessings!

JJM Jul 21, 2013 02:55:46 PM ET

Ditto! baby stuff shopping cheers me up, but when i'm too blah to get out, i keep myself busy finding fabulous baby deals on craigslist. you can even plan ahead and get diapers there for really cheap! i also like to crochet baby hats and blankets. it keeps me positive about having to rest so much...

Alicia Mar 20, 2013 06:42:14 PM ET

I am 18 weeks and 3 days pregnant. i have two boys one 13 and one 10i just had my ultrasound 2 days ago and the tech couldn't be sure but she thought she saw a scrotum. :-( but i get another one on april 11th and hopefully she was wrong. when i was 13 weeks i thought i was miscarrying because i was pouring blood and had a huge clot come out. however there was no pain and after that day i stopped bleeding. i went to the emergency room and was told that i still had a viable pregnancy and that what i experienced was called a sub chorionic hematoma. well that was a little over 5 weeks ago and so far so good. i still haven't felt my baby move yet which gets me a little apprehensive. i'm praying for a girl but at this point it doesn't matter. as long as my baby is healthy.

sabrina Jun 17, 2013 03:18:12 PM ET

I know how you feel be strong girl everything is going to be alright

Cristina Feb 25, 2013 02:15:21 PM ET

I am right at 18 weeks today. i was about 25lbs overweight before conceiving and i've gained about 13lbs so far. this is my 2nd child but my 1st boy will be 13 next month, nausea has gotten slightly better on most days but i look like i'm about 7months pregnant. my stomach is huge! doctor says baby is fine(they say its a girl) and its just the way i'm carrying. i'm just very uncomfortable especially when trying to sleep and i'm dealing with some constipation but no fluid retention. i'm just hoping i don't get too much bigger i feel like i'm ready to explode and people keep asking if i'm carrying twins! the joys of pregnancy....

hopefully girl Feb 25, 2013 02:11:16 PM ET

Im 18 weeks today ..this is my second pregnancy . i have a boy that is 2 and he will be 3 in may .can't wait he be going to school already they grow up so fast . but anyways i been feeling like shit . i don't like it . i been to the emergency room twice with this pregnancy . been cramping really bad and spotted a lil bit . :-( im on bed rest again so that means off work witch sucks bc i can't afford to be off have bills to pay ..so i go see my dr wednesday and see if i can return to work but other then that im hopeing for a baby girl..

GRENWAYZ Jan 18, 2013 12:52:50 AM ET

Ill be 18 weeks in two days. my energy is back, but get tired real easy. my breast just started hurting again really bad, havent had that since i was 2 months along. morning sickness has been gone for over a month now, i get lots of head aches and my nose is stuffed up all the time. i have two boys 10 and 3 yrs old. im pregnant with my 3rd. hopping for a girl this time, fingers are crossed. my belly is so big i look like im 20 weeks. i can feel my baby move all the time, have been since i was 14 weeks. i also cant drink milk now it makes me sick,i wasnt like that with my last two, and my prenatel vit's make me sick to.

Yapha Labiya Oct 13, 2012 10:48:00 AM ET

I am 18 weeks and 2 days along and i feel huge! lol i look like i could be about 7 months already. this is my 5th child. as long as my baby is healthy and living i don't care what the sex is. we haven't decided whether or not we want to know the sex yet. i feel really tired all the time. all i want to do is lie down in bed all day. morning sickness has gotten much better, but i still get sick when i am really tired or if i haven't eaten. i sometimes can't sleep...it's like i have insomnia sometimes. and sometimes it still feels like a chore to eat. baby is really active. i've felt movement since 2 days before i made 8 weeks...honestly, i think i might be having twins this time, but i'm still not sure. i have back aches...but i have a wonderful husband who has amazing hands and he gives me back massages and belly rubs very often...lol it is getting uncomfortable because i toss and turn all night tryig to find a comfortable sleeping position. pregnancy sex is awesome :) and finding a comfortable position is both challenging and fun...lol my nose looks bigger! it has spread wider..smh...and my skin has definitely changed...cheeks are rosey and i've started to get these little bumps on my forehead, which is annoying. my breasts have gotten bigger, which is a plus for hubby! i really don't know about my weight gain. i was overweight before conception, however, i had changed my diet and i lost over 50 pounds before i was able to concieve. so since i've been pregnant, i haven't been dieting or exercising but i've still been losing about 10 pounds a month! i noticed that i have lost 2 more pounds since last week. but i am sure that baby is getting enough nutrients, because i am eatng very healthy. i wake up at 3 a.m. every morning like clockwork becase baby is hungry at that time...i guess i should get used to it because that will probably be baby's feeding time when he or she is born. i've been having some digestive issues (and i've been having some pains just under my ribs on my left side...i don't know what that is...i fee some movemnt in my upper ab but i don't think that baby is that big yet...unless it's twins) and i get constipated a lot...oh, the joys of pregnancy!!!

Usha Oct 8, 2012 01:24:35 PM ET

I'm 18 weeks. seems i've gained alot in comparison to u all, 10 lbs. have yet to have morning sickness, knock on wood. i was just nauseous the 1st trimester. everything is great so far. this is my first. haven't felt movement that i can recognize. i find out on the 18th what we r having. so excited!

jenny Sep 21, 2012 12:42:12 PM ET

I am 18 weeks, second pregnancy. i am as big now as when i 28 wks with my first. my energy has returned for the past month or so, i was very tired during my first trimester. we found out the sex with our first, but are leaving it for a surprise this time.

Glitterrocks Jul 9, 2012 12:46:13 PM ET

Sometimes i feel my baby, but not really much. no symtoms other than extreme weight gain. lucky girls who have either lost or gained little weight! i feel so huge and have went from a size 7 to a 9- normal?? nope =0 its okay though because i usually weigh in at 180-190 by the time i give birth. near year to put on and a year to take off!!!

Isa Apr 18, 2012 04:27:42 PM ET

This is my second pregnancy and i am as big now (20 weeks) as i was when i was 30+ weeks. still do not know the gender but would like a girl since my first child is a boy. i would be completely satisfied really with just a healthy baby.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next >>