You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Week by Week > Pregnancy Week 38 > Comments

Pregnancy Week 38 Comments & Discussion

Eboni Aug 4, 2018 11:27:25 PM ET

I am 38:3 and my baby (two-three weeks ago) was measured at 6.6lbs. i am naturally thin and petite. last week at my appointment the day before i turned 38weeks, i was informed that she might be more or less 6.6lbs and with me being so small in the pelvic area, i would need to be induced at 39 to save me from possibly having to get a caesarean. currently though, i feel good, my back hurts a little but i don't feel like we're ready to be separated just yet, she and i. but she is getting bigger by the day. i just hope everything goes well and she comes out safely. wish us the best!

My name is pearl Jan 1, 2018 10:25:26 AM ET

I'm 38weeks. now thank god i found my other mate who have the same problem i have. i'm having cramps on my cervix,feeling hungry but when i start to eat something i just lose my appetite, i used to wake up in the middle of the night very hungry. but now i can't wait to have my little angel. he is active but some other times i feel more uncomfortable because of pains on my lower belly.

Alex Sep 20, 2016 05:08:50 AM ET

I'm 38 weeks in 2 days and i feel like my little one is going to rip through. when she moves it's beyond painful. i just feel like when getting out of bed my baby is going to just break my water and pop just by how hard her movements are down there.

Dez Mar 5, 2015 12:18:21 PM ET

I'm 38 weeks today, and suddenly i woke up feeling better. the past 5 days i swear he's digging his way out down there. my cervix is soft, but not dilating, which makes me a little sad. he's been head down and in the ready position for nearly 3 months now. he wants out, and i want him out, but my body is saying not yet. at least i've had a smooth pregnancy. but, i'm ready to see my little spartan baby daniel!

portia Jan 23, 2015 11:09:03 AM ET

I am 37 weeks, and i feel terrible, but i'm so excited to meet my baby girl. i can't walk or turn into bed it's so painful, and i'm a bit afraid of labor. but i know i am strong. i can handle it with god on my side.

shellane Jan 16, 2015 11:24:18 AM ET

I am 37+ weeks, and i have hypertension. i was admitted to the hospital for it on mon, jan 12th to wed jan 14th. the doctor said in cases like mine when blood pressure is not going down, the baby has to be delivered at 38 weeks. so, i have to go back to the hospital on mon jan 19th to be admitted again. i'm just not sure if i'm going to have to have a c section, or get induced. i'm worried.

Beaker Oct 28, 2014 07:26:49 AM ET

I'm 37 weeks and days pregnant with my second baby (a girl). i have just started my maternity leave, and thank god for that! i'm so wiped out, and looking after a toddler too. i've had pains on and off now for about a fortnight, and lots of 'stretching' sensations. my son arrived at week 40, so i'm hoping my princess will hang on a wee while longer, but not go over due.

Elizabeth Sep 30, 2014 12:21:06 PM ET

I'm 38 weeks and expecting our first child. a baby girl! we're really excited and blessed to get to full term due to the fact that i have a bicornuated uterus, which is a heart shaped uterus. she is only utilizing half of her little home. my doctor seems very calm about everything and has not checked my cervix yet to see if there is any progress. i've been having little cramps and back ache. i'm definitely not going into labor, but i think those are some signs. my doctor appointment is today and i'm going to demand he check my cervix. i'm not comfortable with how laid back he is, and it's too late to switch doctors.

kimberley Apr 11, 2015 10:41:55 PM ET

I have the same issue, now on to my second baby, i am 37 weeks. your doctor knows what there doing as long as they know you have a bicornuate uterus. mine is acting the same way but because he knows about my uterus and issues that follow i trust that he knows what's best for me and baby. your gonna have to trust him or her brevard because if not how's labor going to turn out and you might as well get a different doctor. it's okay to have some questions and fear but if possible take a deep breath and trust the dr.

Kristina1994 May 3, 2014 05:48:17 PM ET

I'm currently 37 weeks 5/7, and still waiting on my baby girl to make her first appearance. i can't wait to finally have her in my arms

Guest Feb 8, 2014 10:39:54 PM ET

Hi everyone. i'll be 38 weeks pregnant tomorrow. i now have a uti. it's painful and uncomfortable. i've gotten rid of it by drinking lots of water. i can't sleep, have frequent urination, and lots of heart burn, but it's worth it. it will soon be over. i'm anticipating reaching my little man. it's my first baby.

1 2 3 Next >>