You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Week by Week > Pregnancy Week 8 > Comments

Pregnancy Week 8 Comments & Discussion

Guest Aug 8, 2014 02:22:43 PM ET

I am 8 weeks to the day, and i feel horrible pretty much every day. i feel nauseous all the time. i eat to feel better, but i can only handle certain things - mostly carbs, which is frustrating because i was a very healthy eater prior to my pregnancy, but it's about all i can stomach. the last two nights i've thrown up at night. i'm also so exhausted i feel like all i want to do is sleep. i had a miscarriage this time last year, so i am very excited about this pregnancy, but i just wish all the sickness/fatigue would go away so i could really enjoy it and feel good.

Lee Jul 24, 2014 01:12:03 PM ET

I will be 8 weeks tomorrow. i had a miscarriage at the beginning of may, but by god's grace we managed to conceive again immediately after. it took a while for me to get excited about this pregnancy, because the previous miscarriage really broke my spirit. but i'm slowly getting happy again. i'm looking forward to reaching the 12 week mark. then, i will probably feel some sense of relief. congrats to all the mommies reading this, and all the best!

Guest Jun 22, 2014 01:20:40 PM ET

I'm 8 weeks and just last week i started having light pink discharge, with one time being a darker red brown. it's not everyday, but every other day and only when i wipe. i had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and it looked fine, but they wanted another one done around 8 weeks to see heartbeat. after the discharge i went to get my hcg checked then two days later had it done again. my doctor called and moved my 8 week ultrasound up a few days because he said while my numbers did go up on my hcg test, it wasn't as high as he wanted them. he asked if i was still having pregnancy symptoms and i said yes, but honestly i'm so confused with everything going on i'm not sure anymore if i am or if i just want this pregnancy so bad that i think i am. this is my 6th pregnancy and i'm 36. all my other pregnancies went fine i have 5 beautiful children. i'm so scared. i know i'm older than average and feel this is my last child.

Lori Aug 9, 2014 01:02:37 PM ET

I am also pregnant with baby number 6. had five healthy pregnancies. i am 8 weeks 5 days pregnant now, but this pregnancy is so different. i only have sore nipples. also, i'm checking and reading on here to make sure everything is ok. i had an ultrasound done at 6 weeks 1 day. saw the heart beat and had a hcg test friday and monday. the doctor said they were skyrocketing, but i still don't feel right. i'm hoping to be sick or have sore boobs. anything to reassure me would be great. i don't go back to the doctor until i am 12 weeks, so three weeks away.

Miranda Fresquez Oct 27, 2013 07:26:37 AM ET

I'm 8 weeks today, i'm 33 years old and this is my 4th baby. there is a huge gap in between this baby and my last almost 10 years! kinda scared but excited, and sicker with this pregnancy then any of my others. i feel every symptom and it's not fun. i have bad headaches, my stomach is always upset, i am very tired all the time and i had to be put on nausea meds to keep anything down. not to mention i'm very bloated and i wake up every morning around 3:30 .... wonder why? well the good thing is i've had a couple of trips to the er for bleeding which was very scary, considering this is my 7th pregnancy but i've only carried 3 to full term. they are all 3 now big n healthy! i'm very happy. i just wish all of these unpleasant side effect would go away so i can enjoy this pregnancy!

no1rachel Aug 17, 2013 04:49:06 AM ET

Well im going to be a mummy for the first time my other half he over the mood im 8 week and 5 day today

Libb Jul 22, 2013 11:03:13 AM ET

I'm 8 weeks and 4 days today with my first kiddo due in february! super excited, but i'm so exhausted. my fiance expects me to work out but i'm just too tired to even take a walk around the block without feeling dizzy :/ not sure if this is normal or not. being a new mommy and all

Bek Aug 10, 2013 09:43:45 PM ET

Oh i feel the same way , tired tired and more tired , sleepy and just plain sluggish. this is my 4th though 6 years since my last and much older now or so my body says lol but as i remember this feeling if sooo tired all the time will ease up soon though not fully go away, my advice .. sleep nap and be lazy while you can (keep at least a good walk or two in a day) but otherwise tell yourself you deserve the nap or the rest because our bodies are making new bodies and that's alot of work and soon we will be sleep deprived lol good luck and i hope we all feel better soon lol

XmasBaby13 May 19, 2013 07:50:51 PM ET

Hey. i'm 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant with 1st baby due xmas day :) im so tired i have to have a 3-4 hour nap a day (i'm sure thats too long to count as a nap lol) and when i'm awake i have little energy. tender breasts. i'm struggling to breath starting few days ago never heard of this symptom before until i googled it but lying in a reclined position insted of flat or sitting is wonderful not the most comfturble in bed though but least i can breath. people say you wee alot but never expected it to be this much. keep getting lightheaded. and sick if i eat anything sweet. everything aches and i started with back pain today (which could be from not lying flat) not wanting to wish my pregnancy away but i can't wait till week 12 when all this is supposed to get easier! i've started getting a mini bump and keep feeling fluttering for past 10days some people have said thats baby and i have heard thats what its supposed to feel like but others have said its way too early to be feeling baby? is anyone else feeling flutterings and what are you putting it down to?

Erin May 20, 2013 10:46:07 AM ET

Oh my! i had to reply. i too have a christmas baby on the way! listen, i'm totally wiped out. i was a work out fanatic. i did an hour and a half of cardio nearly every day! i literally bounced everywhere i went. now? i'm like a gigantic slug! i barely have the energy to walk for 20 minutes. it's totally nuts. lol. pregnancy is a crazy thing! i'm loving every minute of it!

priscilla Jun 6, 2013 01:02:50 PM ET

Hi i a about 8.5 weeks pregnant with my second child and having very much the same as yourself only on my first pregnancy i never experienced any like that. the worst for me is feeling sick lying on my back.i too am feeling flutterings but its great especially as have have been tired and sicky for a while. still loving it though!

popcorn May 9, 2013 03:42:41 AM ET

I'm 8wks and this is my 3rd pregnancy.i hve so little symptoms i sumtimes forget i'm pregnant.very mild cramps now and then.i knw i should count myself lucky but i get so worried wen i dnt feek flutter in tummy(i do get dat wen i lay down or sit still).hopefully evrything ok until i go for u/s in couple of weeks.

Samantha Apr 25, 2013 07:38:48 AM ET

This is my first pregnancy, 8 weeks-3 days! been tired, napping, waking up at 3-4 am then going back to sleep until 11 am. managing to get through work. sick when i have an empty stomach, but as soon as i eat it subsides. cramping on and off since 6 weeks.

Jez Apr 19, 2013 11:35:43 PM ET

I am a little over 8 weeks and my 4th pregnancy. with my other 3 kids i had maybe a week of sickness felt good up until the end when i got all swollen. this time around am a lot older, i am 35. i am sick alllll day. food smell makes me sick. i am extremely tired and cant get enough sleep:) my breast are so super tender and hurt to the touch. and i cant forget the awful bloating:)) i am hoping that it will smooth out soon! but after all that, i feel truly blessed:) i cant wait to see our baby!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next >>