Sign up | Lost Your Password? | Get Free Stuff

You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator Comments & Discussion

Read the full article at Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

yasmely Jan 27, 2015 11:02:08 PM ET

I don't know how far along i am. i just know that i might be 3 or 4 weeks. i am 5'1", and my normal weight has always been 137 lbs. is that already overweight to start pregnancy? i am very scared of getting really fat. it's my first baby, and getting fat has me scared.

Guest1234 Jan 27, 2015 11:50:13 AM ET

I'm 19 weeks and two days. i've lost 19lbs, and gained three back, but lost them again plus an extra pound. so now i've lost a total of 20 lbs.

Guest Jan 22, 2015 10:17:40 AM ET

I'm 2 lbs over:( i weighed 117 lbs before i got pregnant. now, at 23 weeks, i weigh 134 lbs.

Penelope's mom2be Jan 21, 2015 12:34:41 AM ET

I'm 20 weeks. i started at 130 lbs and 5'8". i'm now 162.3. i'm scared that i'm fat. tonight is the first time i felt very attractive and ugly. i'm going to be huge i'm afraid. and yes, all i see are skinny pregos all over. i wear a medium in maternity. i use to be an extra small.

Sydney Jan 20, 2015 05:16:07 PM ET

I'm 24 weeks, and i already gained 20 pounds. my doctor told me that i'm overweight. i have been stressing out so much about it because i don't want to be big after. what should i do?

amelia Jan 20, 2015 03:27:17 PM ET

When i found out that i was pregnant, i weighed 157 lbs, and now i am at 30 weeks and weigh 142 lbs. is this normal? what's going on?

brook wrigh Jan 15, 2015 12:27:56 PM ET

I am 21 weeks with my first baby, and i only weigh 118 lbs. when i found out i was pregnant, i weighed 111 lbs. i don't even look pregnant. what can i do to gain more weight?

heitzkara Jan 24, 2015 08:39:27 PM ET

You really don't show with your first until about now (20 weeks). your generally gaining 2-4 lbs in weeks 0-12, then 1 lbs each week there after (7 weeks = 7lbs + 2-4 lbs = 9-11 lbs). it sounds like your only a few pounds under, so kick up the protein and make sure to make calories worth it, a.k.a nutrient rich. talk to your doctor, but i am sure your fine! :-)

jyothi Jan 14, 2015 08:47:23 AM ET

I m 38 years old. i have a twin pregnancy. i'm 15 weeks. my starting weight was 54kg. now, my weight is 63kg. i m 5'2". is my weight gain good?

Guest Jan 12, 2015 02:10:55 PM ET

I'm 5'6" and was 150 lbs before pregnancy, now i am 35 weeks and i am 171 lbs. i gained my weight in the second trimester, the first trimester i lost 2kg then about week 18, i gained 3kgs and then just kept gaining till i reached 171, i have weighed the same since 25weeks (yes i gained all that weight in just 7 weeks). now, my body is not gaining anymore, but i eat the same. everybody is different. i am 35 weeks now and like i said, i weigh the same as i did at 25 weeks. i eat mostly cheese, fruit, nuts, and lean meats i can't seem to eat wheat, but i can eat quinoa, and make up for carbs with frozen yogurt, potato or beans. i am happy with my body and i think it will stay 171 lbs (77kgs) till the end since it seems to have stayed the same weight for 10 weeks now, but baby is still growing and belly getting bigger just legs getting a little slimmer and arms too, i am not big on diets, or depriving myself, and i think we need to all do what feels right for us, and eat lots of good food for the baby and for us. if we gain weight, well, we gain. if we don't, and the baby is doing well, then we are just lucky. i thought i would be over 100kgs by now, judging by how i was gaining in the second trimester. but, no, it just stopped, so i guess some of us gain early on, and some gain later than others, and some just gain all the way through, there is no wrong or right way to gain weight, and no wrong or right body while pregnant. it is just about being healthy for you and the baby, and that’s it. i have been lucky. i just crave frozen yogurt or chocolate sometimes, but not too many other cravings. so, to any expecting mum who is worried about weight gain, unless you are eating nothing but crap all the time, then don't worry your body is just doing what it is programmed to do.

Guest Jan 12, 2015 01:15:37 AM ET

I see so many comments on here saying 'they say a 15 to 25lbs weight gain is ideal'. who are 'they' exactly?? this site, like all the others i've looked at, say 25 to 35 lbs is healthy.

Elizabeth Jan 12, 2015 08:08:16 AM ET

How much weight you should gain is based on your prepregnancy bmi. for women who have a healthy bmi of 18.5 to 24.9 before pregnancy, 25-35 lbs is ideal according to the institute of medicine's weight gain guidelines. underweight women (bmi less than 18.5) should gain 28 to 40 lbs, overweight women (bmi between 25 and 29.9) should gain 15-25 lbs, and obese women (bmi > 30) should gain between 11 and 20 lbs. this calculator is based on these guidelines. granted, bmi does not take into account muscle mass. there are many articles on this site that explain how much weight a woman should gain. i hope this helps!

Guest Jan 12, 2015 10:55:45 AM ET

I'm specifically referring to people who are posting their details that show they have healthy bmi, but still say 15 to 25lbs is ideal. it appears there are some very unhealthy attitudes on here, prioritising their self-image over the health of their unborn child.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 95 Next >>