You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator Comments & Discussion

Read the full article at Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Nancy May 8, 2018 04:05:35 AM ET

I just got to week 36 (it felt like an eternity) and i've gained 40 lbs so far :/ baby is big, over 7 pounds already... with my first child i gained 70 lbs and lost it all within a year... i crave nothing but sweets, it's been tough but, i'm not concerned. it's important to enjoy and mix your choices. make sure you eat veggies, fruits, fish, meats, and then give into your craving... :)

Susie Apr 29, 2018 01:14:33 PM ET

I was 120 pounds before i was pregnant. when i was 12 weeks pregnant i weighed 128, then at 20 weeks pregnant i was 133.8 and now i'm 155 pounds at 23 weeks pregnant. both doctors said me and the baby are good and safe and healthy.

Kate Apr 22, 2018 12:29:11 PM ET

I am 17 weeks pregnant, 5'7, started at 121 lbs , so far it seems to be that i am gaining too fast , current wait 133 lbs. can't wait to get back to feeling light on my feet.

Guest Apr 6, 2018 12:13:57 PM ET

I'm 5'7 now 180 pounds! i've gained right at 30 pounds and i'm starting week 33. i've continued to work out, but my diet has pretty much been out of control lol. all this baby wants is cake! i am trying to be conscious of my food choices but its tough!

Guest May 9, 2018 07:42:03 PM ET

This could be a good time to learn how to sneak veggies into your cakes. (good practice for if you have a picky eater. lol) zucchini cake, yum. carrot cake. banana bread. there are cake recipes that have tomatoes in them. beats are a great way to add red to a cake without food coloring. apple sauce can be used in place of oil. there can be some fun ways to sneak in extra nutrients. eat cake, sneak in extra nutrients. lol

Jenn Mar 2, 2018 03:08:11 AM ET

I started out pre-pregnancy 5'7" 126 lbs. have been horribly nauseous the whole time, and the month of december dropped down to 104 lbs. finally, my doctor put me on zofran, which helps a bit, but only for a short time after i take it, then nauseous again. i'm in week 19 and around 111 lbs now. so i have gained weight, kind of... bad? good? thoughts? anyone else have this experience?

Kayla Mar 15, 2018 03:29:18 AM ET

I'm on my third pregnancy and have lost weight with all 3. about 20 lbs with each. my doctor told me as long as the baby is at a healthy weight, baby is growing on schedule, everything is fine.

Lilly Feb 10, 2018 02:38:40 PM ET

I am 26 weeks and have already gained 33 pounds as of a couple days ago. i weighed 110 at 5'2" before i was pregnant. i now weigh 143. is this too much? i'm scared i won't be able to lose it all. why am i gaining so much weight?

S Feb 14, 2018 03:26:21 AM ET

It could, more than likely, be water retention. there can be a lot of it. i've lost 10- 15 lbs in the first week after delivering both my kids.

Zee Jan 9, 2018 01:14:06 PM ET

I am 10 weeks pregnant. i started with 156 pounds and now i am 160. is that normal weight gain?

Kenzie Mar 3, 2018 08:16:29 AM ET

Not typically. but at 10 weeks, you are 3 weeks away from #2 trimester, and they say 2-4 lbs is normal range. but, to me it sounds like you are putting it on a little faster than recommended.

Missy Mar 19, 2018 01:52:17 PM ET

There isn't a normal. it depends on your body's needs. my first pregnancy i gained 10lbs, my first tri but i was 18 and had a six pack . my body needed some storage. lol this pregnancy, i started at 155 (10lbs more than my first as i am now 25 years old) and i actually got really sick and lost all the way down to weighing 142lbs. finally, just now at 21 weeks started to gain a couple pounds but, still under my pre prego weight. long story longer, 4 even pounds in the first tri sounds perfectly fine to me. believe me, it gets extremely low or high and still those baby's are fine. also, at the end of the day if your doc isn't worried and you have done a good job at choosing your obgyn, i would trust them and stop worrying. the stress is bad for baby more than any weight gain.

Anna Nov 30, 2017 03:27:31 PM ET

I am 32 weeks. pre pregnancy weight was 108 lbs and i weigh 121 now. 13 lbs so far, it seems like such little weight but, my dr seems okay and everything is measuring great! 8 more weeks till we meet jacelyn

Aliza Nov 15, 2017 10:57:12 PM ET

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and my weight is 170 pounds. befor pregnancy i was 115 pounds. now i have pre-diabetes.

Amanda Nov 13, 2017 12:17:05 PM ET

I am 30 weeks and i'm down 25 scale pounds from when i found out i was pregnant. i have been eating clean and exercising but, my baby is perfect size. if you have fat to lose, it is very possible to lose fat while gaining baby. as long as i am taking in enough calories, i am happy to be getting smaller everywhere but my belly.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 108 Next >>