You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator Comments & Discussion | Page 10

Read the full article at Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Guest Feb 18, 2015 10:05:59 AM ET

This site makes me feel a little worse. my first pregnancy i gained 48lbs. i'm 28 weeks in my second pregnancy now and i've already gained 49lbs. my starting weight was 104lbs. doctor said i am just fine even though its a big difference in weight. i feel huge.

Autumn May 24, 2017 02:50:15 PM ET

I weighed 128 pounds to start at 5'10. i did two rounds of ivf to get pregnant. i felt to bloated on the day of embryo transfer and through the successful round i had 17 eggs retrieved. i now weigh 154 at 18 weeks pregnant. i feel so fat! i was a raw vegan before but my ivf doc told me after a failed round to go on high protein diet and to keep eating a reasonable amount of protein throughout pregnancy. i hope the weight comes off when i'm done. am i gaining way too much? i weigh 154 right now... i'm so worried about the weight coming off later.

Guest Feb 17, 2015 09:28:12 PM ET

I'm 6 1/2 months pregnant. i'm 5'7, and i weighed 124 lbs at the beginning. i weigh 144 now. is that a good weight?!?

marissa Feb 16, 2015 07:34:15 PM ET

I'm 26 to 27 weeks pregnant, and i only weigh around 137 lbs. before i was pregnant, i weighed 125 lbs to 130 lbs. is my baby ok? is it normal? am i below what i should be? this is my first and i am kind of worried.

Guest Mar 4, 2015 10:11:56 PM ET

You are fine! with my first i only gained 4lbs by the 24th week, and didn't even show. i was 125 lbs at 5'7". with both of my pregnancies i gained exactly 25lbs, and they were healthy babies. your doctor would tell you if she were concerned. also, pre-pregnancy weight doesn't matter, it's pre-bmi, so unless you are 6'0" then you should be great.

Guest Mar 10, 2015 07:18:23 AM ET

My sister only gained 12 lbs and she went to 42 weeks with a healthy baby girl. you should be fine and will probably still gain a couple pounds before your little one comes.

Guest Feb 16, 2015 03:55:16 PM ET

I was 143 lbs at the start of my pregnancy. it's my first baby. i'm 5 foot 4 inch. i gained a huge amount - 53 lbs. i had an early labor scare and was told i was 2cm dilated at 30 weeks. i was told it was unlikely for me to reach 36 weeks and was on bed rest, which led to my huge weight gain. however i actually was 40+2 when i went into labor. my baby is 9 months and i am just 10 lbs away from my prepregnancy weight. i wouldn't worry a lot about the weight gain during pregnancy. i didn't try to loose any weight until my baby was 6 month. a lot came off naturally.

Guest Feb 12, 2015 10:10:41 AM ET

Hello. this is my second pregnancy. with my first i gained in my second trimester and much less in my third... i am twenty one weeks now, and seem to be following the same pattern. here is something to think about if you are stressed. i was down ten pounds from my prepregnancy weight 3-4 months after the baby, because of breastfeeding and with moderate exercise. it will be okay. :)

maria Feb 11, 2015 06:40:04 PM ET

I'm 5'7, and started at 110 pounds. now, i'm 119 pounds at 14 weeks, and my doctor is mad about my weight gain. i'm not sure what to do.

Guest Feb 17, 2015 07:22:28 AM ET

Get a different doctor!

Guest Feb 18, 2015 02:36:35 PM ET

Is she mad that you gained too much or too little? you were underweight when you started, so 9 pounds is definitely not too much if you want to have extra weight to feed and support the baby! if you are making healthy food choices and are eating about 2000 calories, i definitely think you should not be worried. a woman as slim as you needs a little bit of fat reserves for when the baby starts to build his/her own fats and muscles etc. every body is different, and it could be that your body is storing extra because it doesn't have anything to spare for the baby. most of all, don't worry! just do the best you can and don't focus so much on numbers as much as your overall well being.

Guest Feb 19, 2015 03:06:47 PM ET

Your body is probably compensating for having to sustain the new life your carrying. weighing 110 lbs at 5'7 is kind of light. as long as your confident about eating well and properly caring for yourself. your body is wise enough to know what it needs to do. sometimes doctors forget that. i'm a mother of 2, soon to be 3, and had a similar situation and both children were and are very healthy. good luck and blessings to you and your baby.

tnat Feb 11, 2015 04:59:14 PM ET

I'm a pound over, but i gained a lot last month, almost 8 lbs in one month. this month, i'm only at a gain of 3.5 lbs. i think variations happen. it's my second pregnancy, and i'm much more relaxed this time. with my first pregnancy i only gained 31 lbs total, and i was back to prepregnancy weight 6 weeks after birth. thank you breast feeding!

b.baby24 Feb 10, 2015 08:06:35 PM ET

Hi! i am 24 years old. my pre pregnancy weight was 135 pounds. i am 5'3. i am 18 weeks and 2 days pregnant. i weigh 145 lbs. i have gained 10 pounds so far. everyone says that i look so small. i think a lot of that weight is water and extra blood volume. i love my little rock hard baby bump!

alifiya Feb 10, 2015 02:50:09 AM ET

I am 4 weeks, and i started at 174 pounds. my height is 5'2". i'm so worried about my weight. i want to slim, not big?

Cassidy Feb 8, 2015 04:30:51 PM ET

Before i was pregnant, i weighed 145 lbs and i'm 5'7". i had dropped down to 133 lbs during my first trimester due to bad morning sickness. now, i'm still 5'7", and at my last ob appointment i weighed 157. i've gained a total of 9 pounds over all. i have an ob visit coming up this thursday. should i be gaining more, or am i ok? i do a lot of walking at my job and at home, but eat constantly, and i do have a high metabolism.

<< 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 106 Next >>