You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator Comments & Discussion | Page 105

Read the full article at Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Ashley May 19, 2011 08:03:10 AM ET

I am 28 weeks pregnant today, i eat healthy and exercise regularly. i did not start gaining weight until i was 23 weeks pregnant but i have gained 36 within those weeks! i have not changed my diet or anything is there any reason why i am gaining so much? the doctors at the beginning gave me 4 different due dates, so my mom is thinking maybe i'm further along than what they have my due date as, help?

Natalie May 18, 2011 01:58:36 PM ET

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and have only gained 1 lb thus far, but i'm already 20 lbs up b/c of hypothyroidism (even my doctor is shocked i'm pregnant, as it effects fertility)..with my 1st, i gained 63 lbs & was already 10 lbs heavier than i am now. i only want to gain the recommended weight, being i'm already 20 lbs heavier than usual. but i won't risk the baby's health just because i don't want to gain weight. i see my doctor for the 1st time this friday (5/20/11) so i'll check with her then.

Lesley May 18, 2011 01:53:53 PM ET

I am 15 wk preg with my 3rd child, have been showing ever since 2mth, have not yet gained 1 pound. i think as long as you eat healthy foods, dont worry about the weight

Sarah May 17, 2011 11:20:40 AM ET

I am 19 weeks pregnant and i have only gained 1 pound. it was the same with a previous pregnancy and i ended up gaining 30 by the time she was born. as long as the baby is healthy and your dr. isn't concerned i say just go with it. if it helps i also have an average bmi of 23

Natalie May 17, 2011 07:57:58 AM ET

I don't think that a doctor should tell you to watch your calories, and only gain 1 pound a month!!! my midwife doesn't even weigh me! there is enough to stress about, as long as you are eating healthy!

cass May 16, 2011 10:16:24 PM ET

I'm 6 lbs over my target high end weight... what am i supposed to do?

mom May 16, 2011 01:20:18 PM ET

I gained almost 100 pound with my second pregnancy. this is my third and im now at 20 weeks, and ive only gained 4 pound. my doc thinks im trying to loose weight because of my last baby. but i havn't changed anything.

Veronica May 16, 2011 01:09:36 PM ET

I am 25 weeks pregnant and didnt gain a single pound until after 16wks... i was showing and everything, but no actual weight gain. every pregnancy is different. this is my first and i started out pretty overwieght. it just depends on your body... i guess i can understand you're dr's concern but they are definitely insensitive about how they asked you. give yourself a little time... if you feel healthy and they tell you youre baby is healthy. dont worry too much!!! if your baby is still measuring small after 4 or 5 months, ask some questions about what you can do any differently. but the worst you can do is stress. ;-)

Lindsey May 16, 2011 07:08:36 AM ET

I'm just a little concerned. i'm 14 wks 5days and have not gained a pound since day one. i saw my dr on sat and she asked me if i had an eating disorder or was i afraid to get fat!!! i have always been thin and do not mind at all to get a baby bump. matter fact i want a baby bump!!! lol. anyone else in the same boat???

Wendy May 15, 2011 03:54:18 AM ET

With my first pregnancy, i was told i gained way too much (44 pounds in all). now i'm being told i'm not gaining enough. i haven't changed a thing and so far, i'm 5 lbs under with this pregnancy. i really think we all need to focus on whether or not the baby is healthy and not be too concerned about the number on the scale. being a few pounds off either way shouldn't be a big deal.

<< 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 Next >>