You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator Comments & Discussion | Page 11

Read the full article at Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Guest Feb 16, 2015 03:55:16 PM ET

I was 143 lbs at the start of my pregnancy. it's my first baby. i'm 5 foot 4 inch. i gained a huge amount - 53 lbs. i had an early labor scare and was told i was 2cm dilated at 30 weeks. i was told it was unlikely for me to reach 36 weeks and was on bed rest, which led to my huge weight gain. however i actually was 40+2 when i went into labor. my baby is 9 months and i am just 10 lbs away from my prepregnancy weight. i wouldn't worry a lot about the weight gain during pregnancy. i didn't try to loose any weight until my baby was 6 month. a lot came off naturally.

Guest Feb 12, 2015 10:10:41 AM ET

Hello. this is my second pregnancy. with my first i gained in my second trimester and much less in my third... i am twenty one weeks now, and seem to be following the same pattern. here is something to think about if you are stressed. i was down ten pounds from my prepregnancy weight 3-4 months after the baby, because of breastfeeding and with moderate exercise. it will be okay. :)

maria Feb 11, 2015 06:40:04 PM ET

I'm 5'7, and started at 110 pounds. now, i'm 119 pounds at 14 weeks, and my doctor is mad about my weight gain. i'm not sure what to do.

Guest Feb 17, 2015 07:22:28 AM ET

Get a different doctor!

Guest Feb 18, 2015 02:36:35 PM ET

Is she mad that you gained too much or too little? you were underweight when you started, so 9 pounds is definitely not too much if you want to have extra weight to feed and support the baby! if you are making healthy food choices and are eating about 2000 calories, i definitely think you should not be worried. a woman as slim as you needs a little bit of fat reserves for when the baby starts to build his/her own fats and muscles etc. every body is different, and it could be that your body is storing extra because it doesn't have anything to spare for the baby. most of all, don't worry! just do the best you can and don't focus so much on numbers as much as your overall well being.

Guest Feb 19, 2015 03:06:47 PM ET

Your body is probably compensating for having to sustain the new life your carrying. weighing 110 lbs at 5'7 is kind of light. as long as your confident about eating well and properly caring for yourself. your body is wise enough to know what it needs to do. sometimes doctors forget that. i'm a mother of 2, soon to be 3, and had a similar situation and both children were and are very healthy. good luck and blessings to you and your baby.

tnat Feb 11, 2015 04:59:14 PM ET

I'm a pound over, but i gained a lot last month, almost 8 lbs in one month. this month, i'm only at a gain of 3.5 lbs. i think variations happen. it's my second pregnancy, and i'm much more relaxed this time. with my first pregnancy i only gained 31 lbs total, and i was back to prepregnancy weight 6 weeks after birth. thank you breast feeding!

b.baby24 Feb 10, 2015 08:06:35 PM ET

Hi! i am 24 years old. my pre pregnancy weight was 135 pounds. i am 5'3. i am 18 weeks and 2 days pregnant. i weigh 145 lbs. i have gained 10 pounds so far. everyone says that i look so small. i think a lot of that weight is water and extra blood volume. i love my little rock hard baby bump!

alifiya Feb 10, 2015 02:50:09 AM ET

I am 4 weeks, and i started at 174 pounds. my height is 5'2". i'm so worried about my weight. i want to slim, not big?

Cassidy Feb 8, 2015 04:30:51 PM ET

Before i was pregnant, i weighed 145 lbs and i'm 5'7". i had dropped down to 133 lbs during my first trimester due to bad morning sickness. now, i'm still 5'7", and at my last ob appointment i weighed 157. i've gained a total of 9 pounds over all. i have an ob visit coming up this thursday. should i be gaining more, or am i ok? i do a lot of walking at my job and at home, but eat constantly, and i do have a high metabolism.

Clarissa Feb 7, 2015 12:21:29 PM ET

I'm 27 weeks pregnant, and i gained 32 pounds, and i'm only 5 feet tall. is this normal? should i be worried?

MandiMarie Feb 10, 2015 12:59:42 AM ET

I'm 4'11", and 27 weeks, though i've only gained 19 lbs so. everyone is different.

Guest Feb 13, 2015 11:56:06 AM ET

Thank you clarissa!!! i'm 27 weeks and have gained 26 pounds. i am 5'4" and pregnant with my second. the doctor told me to watch my weight gain, but i'm hungry! plus i'm home with our daughter so i'm eating all day! don't worry about it! i'm there with you! i was wearing a 2 piece swim suit after my daughter 7 months later. i'm not too worried!

Syanna Feb 5, 2015 05:16:37 PM ET

I'm 22 weeks pregnant, and have already gained a whoppin' 29 lbs. i'm 37 and this is my 3rd pregnancy. i am a little freaked. i do realize though that my cheeseburger choices have led me here. how do i begin to gather from my "reserve" to balance myself out??

Andrea Feb 4, 2015 12:36:48 AM ET

I am 5'3", 35 years with my first pregnancy, i am worried that i am gaining too much weight, i was 118 lbs before pregnancy, my weight history has been between 115-118 the past 3 year. i am 7 weeks and weighing in at 122.6 lbs already. what can i do to slow down the weight gain? i am eating the same, no morning sickness (which i know i am blessed), and overall my energy is good, but the weight is stressing me out a bit.

<< 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 106 Next >>