You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator Comments & Discussion | Page 12

Read the full article at Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

maria Feb 11, 2015 06:40:04 PM ET

I'm 5'7, and started at 110 pounds. now, i'm 119 pounds at 14 weeks, and my doctor is mad about my weight gain. i'm not sure what to do.

Guest Feb 17, 2015 07:22:28 AM ET

Get a different doctor!

Guest Feb 18, 2015 02:36:35 PM ET

Is she mad that you gained too much or too little? you were underweight when you started, so 9 pounds is definitely not too much if you want to have extra weight to feed and support the baby! if you are making healthy food choices and are eating about 2000 calories, i definitely think you should not be worried. a woman as slim as you needs a little bit of fat reserves for when the baby starts to build his/her own fats and muscles etc. every body is different, and it could be that your body is storing extra because it doesn't have anything to spare for the baby. most of all, don't worry! just do the best you can and don't focus so much on numbers as much as your overall well being.

Guest Feb 19, 2015 03:06:47 PM ET

Your body is probably compensating for having to sustain the new life your carrying. weighing 110 lbs at 5'7 is kind of light. as long as your confident about eating well and properly caring for yourself. your body is wise enough to know what it needs to do. sometimes doctors forget that. i'm a mother of 2, soon to be 3, and had a similar situation and both children were and are very healthy. good luck and blessings to you and your baby.

tnat Feb 11, 2015 04:59:14 PM ET

I'm a pound over, but i gained a lot last month, almost 8 lbs in one month. this month, i'm only at a gain of 3.5 lbs. i think variations happen. it's my second pregnancy, and i'm much more relaxed this time. with my first pregnancy i only gained 31 lbs total, and i was back to prepregnancy weight 6 weeks after birth. thank you breast feeding!

b.baby24 Feb 10, 2015 08:06:35 PM ET

Hi! i am 24 years old. my pre pregnancy weight was 135 pounds. i am 5'3. i am 18 weeks and 2 days pregnant. i weigh 145 lbs. i have gained 10 pounds so far. everyone says that i look so small. i think a lot of that weight is water and extra blood volume. i love my little rock hard baby bump!

alifiya Feb 10, 2015 02:50:09 AM ET

I am 4 weeks, and i started at 174 pounds. my height is 5'2". i'm so worried about my weight. i want to slim, not big?

Cassidy Feb 8, 2015 04:30:51 PM ET

Before i was pregnant, i weighed 145 lbs and i'm 5'7". i had dropped down to 133 lbs during my first trimester due to bad morning sickness. now, i'm still 5'7", and at my last ob appointment i weighed 157. i've gained a total of 9 pounds over all. i have an ob visit coming up this thursday. should i be gaining more, or am i ok? i do a lot of walking at my job and at home, but eat constantly, and i do have a high metabolism.

Clarissa Feb 7, 2015 12:21:29 PM ET

I'm 27 weeks pregnant, and i gained 32 pounds, and i'm only 5 feet tall. is this normal? should i be worried?

MandiMarie Feb 10, 2015 12:59:42 AM ET

I'm 4'11", and 27 weeks, though i've only gained 19 lbs so. everyone is different.

Guest Feb 13, 2015 11:56:06 AM ET

Thank you clarissa!!! i'm 27 weeks and have gained 26 pounds. i am 5'4" and pregnant with my second. the doctor told me to watch my weight gain, but i'm hungry! plus i'm home with our daughter so i'm eating all day! don't worry about it! i'm there with you! i was wearing a 2 piece swim suit after my daughter 7 months later. i'm not too worried!

Syanna Feb 5, 2015 05:16:37 PM ET

I'm 22 weeks pregnant, and have already gained a whoppin' 29 lbs. i'm 37 and this is my 3rd pregnancy. i am a little freaked. i do realize though that my cheeseburger choices have led me here. how do i begin to gather from my "reserve" to balance myself out??

Andrea Feb 4, 2015 12:36:48 AM ET

I am 5'3", 35 years with my first pregnancy, i am worried that i am gaining too much weight, i was 118 lbs before pregnancy, my weight history has been between 115-118 the past 3 year. i am 7 weeks and weighing in at 122.6 lbs already. what can i do to slow down the weight gain? i am eating the same, no morning sickness (which i know i am blessed), and overall my energy is good, but the weight is stressing me out a bit.

Andrea Jan 31, 2015 03:09:36 PM ET

I am 19 weeks and 4 days pregnant. i am so excited, and i just can't hide it!!!! lol

Shannon Jan 31, 2015 09:00:46 AM ET

Hey. i'm 20 years old, and pregnant with my first child. i am 5ft, 3 months pregnant, and 148 lbs. i started out weighing at 135 lbs and then went to 142 lbs. am i gaining weight too fast? am i too big to be 3 months pregnant? please help me.

Leah Feb 3, 2015 08:21:44 PM ET

Did you put your numbers into the pregnancy weight calculator? i put your numbers in and it suggested you are gaining weight a little too fast. it said to aim to gain 0.85 to 1.1 pounds each week. i know it's not healthy to try and lose weight at this point, so don't worry too much if you are a little over.

Guest Feb 9, 2015 10:24:25 AM ET

Your second question is pretty concerning as it seems you may not be making regular ob appointments (at your 10-12 week appointment, your ob would have verified how far along you are based on your last missed period/ultrasound). taking prenatals and attending regular ob appointments is vital to a healthy pregnancy. for your first question, some people do gain weight a bit faster, you do need to watch what you're eating so you do not gain more than your overall recommended weight. gaining too much weight can cause concern for gestational diabetes and also will increase your likelihood of stretch marks (though still largely determined by genetics, rapid weight gain contributes). also, if you have not been to an ob, you could also be carrying multiples which have their own set of risks. bottom line: please direct your health concerns to your doctor and not just an internet forum.

<< 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 107 Next >>