You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator Comments & Discussion | Page 13

Read the full article at Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

jyothi Jan 14, 2015 08:47:23 AM ET

I m 38 years old. i have a twin pregnancy. i'm 15 weeks. my starting weight was 54kg. now, my weight is 63kg. i m 5'2". is my weight gain good?

Guest Jan 12, 2015 02:10:55 PM ET

I'm 5'6" and was 150 lbs before pregnancy, now i am 35 weeks and i am 171 lbs. i gained my weight in the second trimester, the first trimester i lost 2kg then about week 18, i gained 3kgs and then just kept gaining till i reached 171, i have weighed the same since 25weeks (yes i gained all that weight in just 7 weeks). now, my body is not gaining anymore, but i eat the same. everybody is different. i am 35 weeks now and like i said, i weigh the same as i did at 25 weeks. i eat mostly cheese, fruit, nuts, and lean meats i can't seem to eat wheat, but i can eat quinoa, and make up for carbs with frozen yogurt, potato or beans. i am happy with my body and i think it will stay 171 lbs (77kgs) till the end since it seems to have stayed the same weight for 10 weeks now, but baby is still growing and belly getting bigger just legs getting a little slimmer and arms too, i am not big on diets, or depriving myself, and i think we need to all do what feels right for us, and eat lots of good food for the baby and for us. if we gain weight, well, we gain. if we don't, and the baby is doing well, then we are just lucky. i thought i would be over 100kgs by now, judging by how i was gaining in the second trimester. but, no, it just stopped, so i guess some of us gain early on, and some gain later than others, and some just gain all the way through, there is no wrong or right way to gain weight, and no wrong or right body while pregnant. it is just about being healthy for you and the baby, and that’s it. i have been lucky. i just crave frozen yogurt or chocolate sometimes, but not too many other cravings. so, to any expecting mum who is worried about weight gain, unless you are eating nothing but crap all the time, then don't worry your body is just doing what it is programmed to do.

Guest Jan 12, 2015 01:15:37 AM ET

I see so many comments on here saying 'they say a 15 to 25lbs weight gain is ideal'. who are 'they' exactly?? this site, like all the others i've looked at, say 25 to 35 lbs is healthy.

Elizabeth Jan 12, 2015 08:08:16 AM ET

How much weight you should gain is based on your prepregnancy bmi. for women who have a healthy bmi of 18.5 to 24.9 before pregnancy, 25-35 lbs is ideal according to the institute of medicine's weight gain guidelines. underweight women (bmi less than 18.5) should gain 28 to 40 lbs, overweight women (bmi between 25 and 29.9) should gain 15-25 lbs, and obese women (bmi > 30) should gain between 11 and 20 lbs. this calculator is based on these guidelines. granted, bmi does not take into account muscle mass. there are many articles on this site that explain how much weight a woman should gain. i hope this helps!

Guest Jan 12, 2015 10:55:45 AM ET

I'm specifically referring to people who are posting their details that show they have healthy bmi, but still say 15 to 25lbs is ideal. it appears there are some very unhealthy attitudes on here, prioritising their self-image over the health of their unborn child.

Margarita Jan 8, 2015 09:12:30 PM ET

I'm not sure if i'm pregnant, but i gained 5 pounds in almost 3 days. the same thing happened to me the last time i was pregnant. i've been taking a pregnant test for the past 3 months. i have a feeling i'm pregnant because i gained those pounds.

Natural Momma Jan 6, 2015 11:13:37 AM ET

You are all beautiful.

Natural Momma Jan 6, 2015 11:12:22 AM ET

Ladies, relax. your body does what it needs to do in order to create a healthy environment for your baby to grow and develop. whether you gain weight or not, your body is providing what is necessary for baby.

Guest Jan 5, 2015 08:55:13 PM ET

So i'm 35 and just had our daughter a year ago on news years day. i'm currently 15 weeks along with baby #4. i am 5'2" and i was 122 lbs when i got pregnant this time around. i was just starting to feel good about myself and fitting into some of my old clothes and now here i am with a baby bump again. today, at my check up, my doctor told me i need to watch my weight because i've gained too much since my last visit. i weighed in today at 136 lbs needless to say i'm feeling a little defeated and upset that i'm going to be this big blimp. getting my figure back has not been as easy as it was when i was in my 20's with our first 2. isn't there a little slack given for back to back pregnancies, or is my body just cursed and along for this wild ride? i eat good and light. i also use my treadmill. i don't know what else to do.

sparkle Jan 5, 2015 03:16:06 PM ET

I'm 5'2". my prepregnancy weight was 105 lbs. i'm 31 weeks pregnant with my second baby, and weigh 127. i'm at the higher end, so i hope i don't get much bigger.

vero Jan 2, 2015 01:33:00 PM ET

I was 146lbs and 5'4" prepregnancy. according to this i'm over weight, but i am not according to my doctor and my husband who is a trainer. i am pretty lean. i lost quite a bit due to morning sickness. i am currently 135 lbs at 14 weeks.

Guest Jan 5, 2015 12:47:03 PM ET

I wouldn't worry about it. i don't think they take into account how much muscle could weigh vs. weight in fat. i remember taking a class in college when i was super thin, and i was still considered "over weight". try to eat small snacks throughout the day to keep the nausea at bay. good luck!

Ali Jan 1, 2015 03:41:53 PM ET

I started at 118 lbs and i now weigh 132 lbs at 20 weeks and 5 days pregnant. how much will i weigh at the end? i'm worried.

<< 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 106 Next >>