You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator Comments & Discussion | Page 13

Read the full article at Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Cassidy Feb 8, 2015 04:30:51 PM ET

Before i was pregnant, i weighed 145 lbs and i'm 5'7". i had dropped down to 133 lbs during my first trimester due to bad morning sickness. now, i'm still 5'7", and at my last ob appointment i weighed 157. i've gained a total of 9 pounds over all. i have an ob visit coming up this thursday. should i be gaining more, or am i ok? i do a lot of walking at my job and at home, but eat constantly, and i do have a high metabolism.

Clarissa Feb 7, 2015 12:21:29 PM ET

I'm 27 weeks pregnant, and i gained 32 pounds, and i'm only 5 feet tall. is this normal? should i be worried?

MandiMarie Feb 10, 2015 12:59:42 AM ET

I'm 4'11", and 27 weeks, though i've only gained 19 lbs so. everyone is different.

Guest Feb 13, 2015 11:56:06 AM ET

Thank you clarissa!!! i'm 27 weeks and have gained 26 pounds. i am 5'4" and pregnant with my second. the doctor told me to watch my weight gain, but i'm hungry! plus i'm home with our daughter so i'm eating all day! don't worry about it! i'm there with you! i was wearing a 2 piece swim suit after my daughter 7 months later. i'm not too worried!

Syanna Feb 5, 2015 05:16:37 PM ET

I'm 22 weeks pregnant, and have already gained a whoppin' 29 lbs. i'm 37 and this is my 3rd pregnancy. i am a little freaked. i do realize though that my cheeseburger choices have led me here. how do i begin to gather from my "reserve" to balance myself out??

Andrea Feb 4, 2015 12:36:48 AM ET

I am 5'3", 35 years with my first pregnancy, i am worried that i am gaining too much weight, i was 118 lbs before pregnancy, my weight history has been between 115-118 the past 3 year. i am 7 weeks and weighing in at 122.6 lbs already. what can i do to slow down the weight gain? i am eating the same, no morning sickness (which i know i am blessed), and overall my energy is good, but the weight is stressing me out a bit.

Andrea Jan 31, 2015 03:09:36 PM ET

I am 19 weeks and 4 days pregnant. i am so excited, and i just can't hide it!!!! lol

Shannon Jan 31, 2015 09:00:46 AM ET

Hey. i'm 20 years old, and pregnant with my first child. i am 5ft, 3 months pregnant, and 148 lbs. i started out weighing at 135 lbs and then went to 142 lbs. am i gaining weight too fast? am i too big to be 3 months pregnant? please help me.

Leah Feb 3, 2015 08:21:44 PM ET

Did you put your numbers into the pregnancy weight calculator? i put your numbers in and it suggested you are gaining weight a little too fast. it said to aim to gain 0.85 to 1.1 pounds each week. i know it's not healthy to try and lose weight at this point, so don't worry too much if you are a little over.

Guest Feb 9, 2015 10:24:25 AM ET

Your second question is pretty concerning as it seems you may not be making regular ob appointments (at your 10-12 week appointment, your ob would have verified how far along you are based on your last missed period/ultrasound). taking prenatals and attending regular ob appointments is vital to a healthy pregnancy. for your first question, some people do gain weight a bit faster, you do need to watch what you're eating so you do not gain more than your overall recommended weight. gaining too much weight can cause concern for gestational diabetes and also will increase your likelihood of stretch marks (though still largely determined by genetics, rapid weight gain contributes). also, if you have not been to an ob, you could also be carrying multiples which have their own set of risks. bottom line: please direct your health concerns to your doctor and not just an internet forum.

carissa Jan 30, 2015 03:24:04 PM ET

Yes, i'm so happy now. i am 21 weeks. yup.

yasmely Jan 27, 2015 11:02:08 PM ET

I don't know how far along i am. i just know that i might be 3 or 4 weeks. i am 5'1", and my normal weight has always been 137 lbs. is that already overweight to start pregnancy? i am very scared of getting really fat. it's my first baby, and getting fat has me scared.

Guest Feb 3, 2015 08:17:22 PM ET

Don't think of it as "getting fat," think of it as making sure you're feeding and growing your baby. your baby will need you to gain weight in order to be healthy. your doctor can tell you what is considered a healthy weight at each stage of your pregnancy. god bless you and your growing baby!

MandiMarie Feb 10, 2015 01:04:42 AM ET

It's considered overweight because of your height. you should weigh between 95 and 115lbs.

Guest1234 Jan 27, 2015 11:50:13 AM ET

I'm 19 weeks and two days. i've lost 19lbs, and gained three back, but lost them again plus an extra pound. so now i've lost a total of 20 lbs.

Guest Jan 22, 2015 10:17:40 AM ET

I'm 2 lbs over:( i weighed 117 lbs before i got pregnant. now, at 23 weeks, i weigh 134 lbs.

<< 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 108 Next >>