You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator Comments & Discussion | Page 15

Read the full article at Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Guest Jan 12, 2015 01:15:37 AM ET

I see so many comments on here saying 'they say a 15 to 25lbs weight gain is ideal'. who are 'they' exactly?? this site, like all the others i've looked at, say 25 to 35 lbs is healthy.

Elizabeth Jan 12, 2015 08:08:16 AM ET

How much weight you should gain is based on your prepregnancy bmi. for women who have a healthy bmi of 18.5 to 24.9 before pregnancy, 25-35 lbs is ideal according to the institute of medicine's weight gain guidelines. underweight women (bmi less than 18.5) should gain 28 to 40 lbs, overweight women (bmi between 25 and 29.9) should gain 15-25 lbs, and obese women (bmi > 30) should gain between 11 and 20 lbs. this calculator is based on these guidelines. granted, bmi does not take into account muscle mass. there are many articles on this site that explain how much weight a woman should gain. i hope this helps!

Guest Jan 12, 2015 10:55:45 AM ET

I'm specifically referring to people who are posting their details that show they have healthy bmi, but still say 15 to 25lbs is ideal. it appears there are some very unhealthy attitudes on here, prioritising their self-image over the health of their unborn child.

Margarita Jan 8, 2015 09:12:30 PM ET

I'm not sure if i'm pregnant, but i gained 5 pounds in almost 3 days. the same thing happened to me the last time i was pregnant. i've been taking a pregnant test for the past 3 months. i have a feeling i'm pregnant because i gained those pounds.

Natural Momma Jan 6, 2015 11:13:37 AM ET

You are all beautiful.

Natural Momma Jan 6, 2015 11:12:22 AM ET

Ladies, relax. your body does what it needs to do in order to create a healthy environment for your baby to grow and develop. whether you gain weight or not, your body is providing what is necessary for baby.

Guest Jan 5, 2015 08:55:13 PM ET

So i'm 35 and just had our daughter a year ago on news years day. i'm currently 15 weeks along with baby #4. i am 5'2" and i was 122 lbs when i got pregnant this time around. i was just starting to feel good about myself and fitting into some of my old clothes and now here i am with a baby bump again. today, at my check up, my doctor told me i need to watch my weight because i've gained too much since my last visit. i weighed in today at 136 lbs needless to say i'm feeling a little defeated and upset that i'm going to be this big blimp. getting my figure back has not been as easy as it was when i was in my 20's with our first 2. isn't there a little slack given for back to back pregnancies, or is my body just cursed and along for this wild ride? i eat good and light. i also use my treadmill. i don't know what else to do.

sparkle Jan 5, 2015 03:16:06 PM ET

I'm 5'2". my prepregnancy weight was 105 lbs. i'm 31 weeks pregnant with my second baby, and weigh 127. i'm at the higher end, so i hope i don't get much bigger.

vero Jan 2, 2015 01:33:00 PM ET

I was 146lbs and 5'4" prepregnancy. according to this i'm over weight, but i am not according to my doctor and my husband who is a trainer. i am pretty lean. i lost quite a bit due to morning sickness. i am currently 135 lbs at 14 weeks.

Guest Jan 5, 2015 12:47:03 PM ET

I wouldn't worry about it. i don't think they take into account how much muscle could weigh vs. weight in fat. i remember taking a class in college when i was super thin, and i was still considered "over weight". try to eat small snacks throughout the day to keep the nausea at bay. good luck!

Ali Jan 1, 2015 03:41:53 PM ET

I started at 118 lbs and i now weigh 132 lbs at 20 weeks and 5 days pregnant. how much will i weigh at the end? i'm worried.

tiana89 Dec 31, 2014 11:26:04 PM ET

Ok, so i'm almost 20 weeks and i've gained 6 pounds already and it's not the baby. it' just my poor eating habits. i'm very paranoid and self conscious about my weight, so i'm kinda bummed i'm already starting to gain. but food looks so good. :(. i did some research and i'm only supposed to gain 15 to 25 lbs. i was aiming for only gaining 15 lbs. i'm already half way there, so i'm pretty sure i'm going to go over. is anyone else freaking out about gaining? am i overreacting? is/was my weight gain goal unrealistic? is it normal to start gaining this early? i was hoping to not gain until at least 6 months :/. that's not happening.

Guest Jan 4, 2015 12:15:22 PM ET

Stressing over weight gain during pregnancy is pointless really and as your doctor will tell you, very unhealthy. don't set a weight gain goal just start eating healthy that's about all you can do. certain foods will look better depending on what vitamins and what not the baby is needing. i craved grapefruit a lot during this (my second ) pregnancy because i had low vitamin c. every woman gains weight different during pregnancy and 15 pounds seems really unhealthy to me. if your body doesn't pack on extra weight other than baby weight then your body will be aching like hell. you have increased blood flow right now, at 20 weeks you have an extra 2 pounds of blood flowing through your body and your body starts retaining more water. before you stress yourself out do some research on what exactly your body is doing at this point in your pregnancy.

Guest Jan 5, 2015 01:30:06 AM ET

Your weight goals seem a bit unrealistic. a 25-35 lb weight gain is average (if not low based on my friends). i am 25 weeks pregnant, and have gained 11 lbs. no one likes gaining weight, but the baby needs it!! you will lose it afterwards, don't worry. just focus on doing what's right for the baby right now. best wishes!

guest Dec 26, 2014 10:28:23 PM ET

I'm 5'10 and was 105 lbs before pregnancy. i'm now 138 lbs at 20 weeks. it's all in my belly and boobs. at first i was happy because i was underweight to start with, and couldn't gain. but, now i think it's gone a little too far.

<< 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 108 Next >>