You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator Comments & Discussion | Page 9

Read the full article at Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

ceecee Oct 2, 2015 06:01:07 PM ET

I'm 21 weeks pregnant with my first baby and my pre-pregnancy weight was 115, and for the past several i'm having a hard time putting on weight. i just put on 4 pounds. i'm eating and exercising everyday, and i'm taking more classes for another degree.

Guest Oct 30, 2016 04:12:23 PM ET

Stop exercising so much and eat more :) you need to build fat if you're going to breast feed.

Guest Jan 10, 2017 12:49:08 AM ET

I hope your pregnancy ended up going well. and for your health and the babies i hope your stress/business lessened so you could focus on health and eating, sleeping...becoming a mommy is hard work. i'm guessing your total weight gain was at least 25lb or more? and no rush, it does come off. i took it slow, just normal life...and a year later i felt normal again. done friends only took like 3 months...but don't stress just enjoy mommy hood b

Guest Jan 12, 2017 09:59:44 PM ET

My first pregnancy i was 112lbs and when i delivered i was 156lbs.

Megan Feb 14, 2017 09:26:41 AM ET

Don't worry about how much weight to gain, you are perfectly fine. i wish i could say i've only gained 4 lbs at this point, lol. your ob will let you know if something is unhealthy. as long as you eat healthy, drink water, exercise and take your vitamins .. then you have nothing to worry about

nena Apr 13, 2015 06:10:00 PM ET

I am 5'7 and i was 150 pounds before i got pregnant. i am now 168 lbs at 19 weeks. is that okay? i'm not too happy with my weight gain, and feel very insecure. should i do something about it, or will it go away naturally? this is my first baby.

Guest Sep 30, 2016 08:54:53 PM ET

That's totally ok.

SiSi3552 Apr 11, 2017 08:36:20 PM ET

I'm 5'3" and started off at 150lbs. i'm 18 weeks and i now weigh 167 lbs. the doctors haven't commented on my weight, but i feel as if i've gained too much weight as well.

drsimmons2015 Apr 13, 2015 01:14:56 AM ET

In jan of 2015, i found out i was pregnant. i was 198 lbs and gained and went up to 213 lbs. due to morning sickness and no appetite i lost, and went down to 207 lbs. i will be 6 months around end of the month??? i'm worried.

Inna Oct 25, 2016 05:58:12 PM ET

Enjoy it while it lasts. every pregnancy is different. i've lost over 20 lbs and i'm just slowly starting to gain it back. the 3rd trimester is when the weight gain really hits.

Hannah Apr 10, 2015 12:34:12 PM ET

I'm 22 weeks pregnant. my weight right now is 131 pounds. before i got pregnant i was 115. am i gaining the right amount of weight so far?

Brittany Apr 8, 2015 10:06:16 PM ET

I'm 9 weeks and was 150 pounds at the beginning of my pregnancy. now i'm weighing 164 pounds, and i'm only 9 weeks and 3 days. is that bad?

Megan Feb 14, 2017 09:24:12 AM ET

Yes that is a lot of weight to gain in a short period of time. try drinking more water, and eating small portions throughout the day of healthy snacks... 16 lbs is a lot for anyone to gain in a few weeks, that's something you shouldn't be gaining until your last two months.. none of that 16 lbs is actual baby at this point. but you can control it now. exercise and healthy foods will get you right back to where you need to be

geust Apr 8, 2015 02:26:30 PM ET

I am 5'4 and 27 weeks pregnant, and i've gained 24 pounds already. is this normal? i was 150 lbs. now i weigh 174.

Megan Feb 14, 2017 09:29:10 AM ET

In my experience, most women gain around 40lbs throughout their pregnancy. your ob will suggest that 25-35 is the recommended amount of weight, anything beyond that is fat on you, not for the baby.. but it is not bad if you go over a little.

Guest Apr 8, 2015 10:24:18 AM ET

I am 32 weeks pregnant, and i have already gained 51 pounds. is this normal? is there anything i can do to stop the rapid weight gain? i have gained 8 pounds in just the last two weeks.

Guest Dec 12, 2016 08:00:35 AM ET

I am 24 weeks and have gained 38 lbs! i hate looking at myself.

Becka Apr 1, 2015 04:38:00 AM ET

I'm 23 weeks and have gained about 8 pounds so far. i gained five pounds at 16 weeks. then suddenly, these past two weeks, i've put on a few more pounds. i’m eating healthy and exercising.

amy Mar 30, 2015 11:33:08 PM ET

I’m 30 weeks pregnant with baby #3 and was 130 lbs. pre-pregnancy, but i’m already weighing 178!! i’m 48 lbs. heavier, and, literally, you wouldn't guess it if you saw me! i gained 85 lbs with my first, 75 with my second. this time who knows, but as long as me and my baby are healthy, i'm not concerned. enjoy pregnancy and stay healthy big or small! i drop the weight within 4 months every time!!

Guest Oct 26, 2016 08:40:20 AM ET

I am very amazed ,. how did you do that, to drop all that weight in 4 months? when you gave birth. are you breastfeeding the baby?

Guest Feb 14, 2017 07:59:19 PM ET

How do you drop it so fast?

Guest Feb 24, 2017 05:17:19 PM ET

Thanks for sharing that. i also gained 60 lbs with the first baby, and i am 20 weeks now with the second baby, and already gained 25 lbs (i am 170 lbs now up from 145 lbs pre-pregnancy)....

Ashley lynn Mar 29, 2015 11:40:09 AM ET

I'm 22 weeks pregnant and only weigh 130. my doctor said it's a baby girl, and i'm a little under weight, but i should be fine. i'm still worried though because this is my first pregnancy with a girl.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 107 Next >>