You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator Comments & Discussion | Page 9

Read the full article at Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Jamie Sep 13, 2016 05:32:48 PM ET

I am currently 22 weeks pregnant and so far i've gained 5 pounds total. i eat healthy and stay active daily.

Ashley Sep 13, 2016 04:32:24 PM ET

Before i found out i was pregnant, i was 110 and know that i am 32 weeks. i am 140. is that a good weight for the baby? this is my second pregnancy. my first was really good before i found out with my first i was 120 and before i had him i was 150. i have a feeling i am going to be bigger with my second child then i was with my first.

Me Aug 31, 2016 01:19:20 PM ET

Relax! my first pregnancy, my 130 lbs ass went up to 200 lbs by week 41. healthy kid, lost all the weight with diet and working out. my doctor thought it was fine. just listen to your doctor and not the damn internet.

Bunny Aug 17, 2016 11:29:35 PM ET

I was 116 before and at 18 weeks i'm 127. i'm going to start watching more the amounts that i eat since i'm gaining too fast. although i was in the doc's office and there was a girl 8 months pregnant and she had only gained 10 lbs. i was so envious until i found out she was there because there was something wrong with the baby. it's all about what your starting weight was, if you were overweight/underweight to begin with and what the total weight gain is in the end. remember, the most important thing is that the baby is the size it's supposed to be, growing and healthy. we can do boot camps, the gym and dieting after!

Guest Oct 5, 2015 08:46:34 PM ET

I'm 15 weeks pregnant. i started at 190 pounds and have lost 7 pounds since pregnancy. due to an injury, i don't exercise, and i have been trying to eat a lot. i actually eat four meals a day i don't understand the weight loss except maybe that it's healthier food? i take my vitamins every day. what is this about? did anyone else have this problem? i've begun showing and my pants don't fit, but the scale says i lost.

Guest Sep 23, 2016 08:18:41 AM ET

The same thing happened to me, the weight loss was loss of muscle from not working out.

Guest Nov 12, 2016 06:36:11 PM ET

I'm not a doctor, but i'm guessing that you are correct. highly nutritious foods don't always have as many calories. for example, spinach has more protein per calorie than steak does, but, you get about 1/8 of the calories in a pound of spinach as you do in a pound of steak. so, as long as you are eating a wide variety of healthy foods and run that list by your doctor, i'd say you're probably fine.

shaeminner Nov 21, 2016 02:09:04 AM ET

In my first trimester, i threw up every day . i was 158lbs at first , then i went to 148 . once my 2nd trimester started , i started to gain my weight back . now i'm 157lbs and i'm 23 weeks . i wasn't so sure why i lost so much weight , my doctor told me that the baby is trying to get used to all the food that i eat , but she didn't like anything . i lost my appetite for a week straight. once i hit my 2nd trimester , all the sickness went away . you'll be fine .���

Guest Mar 4, 2017 11:09:25 AM ET

It might be muscle atrophy from the increased sedentary lifestyle after your injury.

ceecee Oct 2, 2015 06:01:07 PM ET

I'm 21 weeks pregnant with my first baby and my pre-pregnancy weight was 115, and for the past several i'm having a hard time putting on weight. i just put on 4 pounds. i'm eating and exercising everyday, and i'm taking more classes for another degree.

Guest Oct 30, 2016 04:12:23 PM ET

Stop exercising so much and eat more :) you need to build fat if you're going to breast feed.

Guest Jan 10, 2017 12:49:08 AM ET

I hope your pregnancy ended up going well. and for your health and the babies i hope your stress/business lessened so you could focus on health and eating, sleeping...becoming a mommy is hard work. i'm guessing your total weight gain was at least 25lb or more? and no rush, it does come off. i took it slow, just normal life...and a year later i felt normal again. done friends only took like 3 months...but don't stress just enjoy mommy hood b

Guest Jan 12, 2017 09:59:44 PM ET

My first pregnancy i was 112lbs and when i delivered i was 156lbs.

Megan Feb 14, 2017 09:26:41 AM ET

Don't worry about how much weight to gain, you are perfectly fine. i wish i could say i've only gained 4 lbs at this point, lol. your ob will let you know if something is unhealthy. as long as you eat healthy, drink water, exercise and take your vitamins .. then you have nothing to worry about

nena Apr 13, 2015 06:10:00 PM ET

I am 5'7 and i was 150 pounds before i got pregnant. i am now 168 lbs at 19 weeks. is that okay? i'm not too happy with my weight gain, and feel very insecure. should i do something about it, or will it go away naturally? this is my first baby.

Guest Sep 30, 2016 08:54:53 PM ET

That's totally ok.

SiSi3552 Apr 11, 2017 08:36:20 PM ET

I'm 5'3" and started off at 150lbs. i'm 18 weeks and i now weigh 167 lbs. the doctors haven't commented on my weight, but i feel as if i've gained too much weight as well.

drsimmons2015 Apr 13, 2015 01:14:56 AM ET

In jan of 2015, i found out i was pregnant. i was 198 lbs and gained and went up to 213 lbs. due to morning sickness and no appetite i lost, and went down to 207 lbs. i will be 6 months around end of the month??? i'm worried.

Inna Oct 25, 2016 05:58:12 PM ET

Enjoy it while it lasts. every pregnancy is different. i've lost over 20 lbs and i'm just slowly starting to gain it back. the 3rd trimester is when the weight gain really hits.

Hannah Apr 10, 2015 12:34:12 PM ET

I'm 22 weeks pregnant. my weight right now is 131 pounds. before i got pregnant i was 115. am i gaining the right amount of weight so far?

Brittany Apr 8, 2015 10:06:16 PM ET

I'm 9 weeks and was 150 pounds at the beginning of my pregnancy. now i'm weighing 164 pounds, and i'm only 9 weeks and 3 days. is that bad?

Megan Feb 14, 2017 09:24:12 AM ET

Yes that is a lot of weight to gain in a short period of time. try drinking more water, and eating small portions throughout the day of healthy snacks... 16 lbs is a lot for anyone to gain in a few weeks, that's something you shouldn't be gaining until your last two months.. none of that 16 lbs is actual baby at this point. but you can control it now. exercise and healthy foods will get you right back to where you need to be

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 108 Next >>