You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator Comments & Discussion | Page 90

Read the full article at Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Jenn Nov 15, 2011 05:17:56 PM ET

Seriously?! lol im glad i didn't take this calculator to heart, or with my hormones i would be crying my eyes out. i gained 53 pounds with my daughter and i am on target for a good 10 to 15 more this time around @ 34wks. ladies please don't let this calculator alarm you in anyway. i have met very few ppl that have gained the "ideal" weight. most of my friends have gained more or way over and had healthy babies and were able to lose the weight within the following year. as long as your baby is doing just fine, then so are you. enjoy your pregnancy and don't let someone or something stress you into a horrible 10 months!

bethany Nov 10, 2011 06:54:24 PM ET

Im 24 weeks pregnant and 4lbs under weight... before pregnancy i was 130 and have only gained 7lbs... i eat when i can but cant take much at a time cause i get sick. my baby is slightly under weight but the doctors dont seem to worried.

my 2nd baby boy Nov 10, 2011 12:21:19 AM ET

I'm 5lbs under weight. i'm carrying very small & with this being my second child i'm kinda scared he'll be well under weight even though i try and get the extra calories & i never gain. what should i do? btw i'd love to be a lil over weight then under weight ladies, i'm sure ur beautiful inside and out! :)

Justine Nov 9, 2011 11:57:25 PM ET

Ladies, don't beat yourselves about this calculator. it's just a tool to help you estimate where you are, but every body is different. i have friends that gained 45 to 70 lbs while pregnant and had no health complications and lost the weight very quickly post baby. some even lost more than their pre-pregnancy weight with breast feeding. it's nice to check in with a tool like this, but don't let it make you feel bad about yourself!

Rachael Nov 9, 2011 02:56:03 PM ET

I got pregnant with my first daughter when i was 18 i am 5'3" and was weighting 110 lbs. by the time i was 41 weeks i had gainned 100lbs!!! shocking hummmm?! i lost all the weight within a year, at home by myself!! (i got back down to 116 lbs) trust me being 20 lbs over what the "chart" says is no big deal! i am now 20 and pregnant with my 2 baby girl, i am 36 weeks pregnant and have only gainned 19 lbs, and eat all the time. you just have to stay active. i chase my 2 year old around the house all day. lol (: please dont feel down over gainning a little to much. pregnancy is a beautiful thing!!

Candace Nov 8, 2011 03:33:20 PM ET

I just did the calculations on this site and now i'm feeling overwhelmed. i'm at 34 weeks and weight 171, my pre pregnant weight was 120 and i'm 5'2, i was at the time very athletic but not so much during this pregnancy. i walk everyday and watch what i eat like a hawk. i feel big but my cloths say otherwise. so why did i gain so much weight? and at 34 weeks how do i watch my weight? i'm having a boy and the doctor says he should be right around 8 lbs but my weight is killing my moods :( if anyone has suggests i am all ears right now. thank you

Rain Nov 8, 2011 05:11:02 AM ET

My pre pregnancy weight was 108 lbs at 5'3". my doctor suggested i gain 40 lbs with this pregnancy although my bmi is in the average range. i have an athletic, muscular build and am far from skinny. at 14 weeks and 5 days i now weigh 118 lbs and it is primarily my protruding belly, however, this calculator indicates i am 5 lbs over my target weight for week 14. i work out three days per week and am conscientious of ingesting healthy foods whenever possible, but have an insatiable appetite. despite morning sickness the first trimester, i gained 6 lbs. eating seems to be the only preventative tool for the nausea and occasional vomiting. this calculator has my slightly concerned, but i will defer to my doctor regarding my weight trajectory.

Tami Nov 7, 2011 07:24:09 PM ET

I weighed 120 to start and now am 21 weeks and 136. i don't feel like i've gained too much but the weight chart says i'm 3 lbs. over the top limit. i can still wear my prepregnancy jeans so dont know what's up with that?!

Meg Nov 7, 2011 08:01:30 AM ET

I'm pregnant with twins in my second pregnancy. i am another person who is "obese" but wore a size 12 (i'm 5'10) before getting pregnant. i have gained 24lbs and am 18 weeks prego. but... my point i want to make is, with my first child i gained 140lbs! that's a whole other adult! don't worry about being too big or gaining too much weight. your doctor will tell you if your baby is healthy and that is all that matters. better to be over than under. ps... i lost 140lbs by the time my son was 10 months old and my weight had shifted giving me a sexier more toned body than ever. good luck and don't stress!

Mariah Nov 7, 2011 05:03:23 AM ET

Don't stress it!! so you may gain a little too much.. oh well.. as long as baby is healthy you are good to go!

<< 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 108 Next >>