You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator Comments & Discussion | Page 92

Read the full article at Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Nikki Sep 14, 2011 02:11:06 PM ET

I weighed 120 and gained 10 lbs the first month and started a diet b/c i though i was just gaining weight come to find out i started eating less and getting sick. so eating kept that first trimester sickness away which was good but now im in 2nd trimester at 19 weeks and weigh 145lbs. i was lazy but am starting to exercise more and hoping it will help me keep the weight im at which is the goal for my whole pregnancy. i feel like a fat cow but i tried for 7 years to get pregnant and was told i couldn't. here i am though pregnant and as big as a house but loving that i'm pregnant although little depressed on how much weight i have gained...but like someone said above can always get the weight off after baby is here :d

Ali Sep 13, 2011 09:01:28 PM ET

I will be 36 weeks tomorrow. pre pregnancy weight was 116. i weigh 147. ive gained 31 pounds. i'm 5'4", weight gain was steady until about 6-7 months then i gained about 8 pounds in one month then it slowed down & in the past 2 weeks ive gained 4 pounds. i dont exercise like i will once he is born so im hoping ill be able to lose the weight. only 4 more weeks to go, no use in worrying too much about it now. the weight is allready there & so are the stretch marks. its still a little bumming but it took me 5 years to concieve so im super excited about my son. goodluck everyone!

Geran Sep 13, 2011 12:38:22 PM ET

I am 5.6 and i was 130 lbs 10 years ago. i have gained 58lbs with my first and lost all but 4 lbs. 2nd one i have gained 57, lost all but 5 lbs. i have started 3rd pregnancy with 140 lbs. and i weight 183 now (30th week) my suggestion to you is not to worry about weight gain as long as you have a happy , health babies. you will deal with it later.

susan Sep 13, 2011 10:31:31 AM ET

I'm 5'6" weighing 128 lb pre-pregnancy and have gained 0 lbs and am in my 17th week. my ob told me to gain 4 lbs by 3 wks. i'm eating small meals/snacks (until i'm full) every 2 hrs, but still not gaining the weight. not sure how to put on the 4 lbs.

Alauna Sep 13, 2011 07:43:49 AM ET

Missy from seattle - thats true but i don't think we are worried about our partners eyes we want to stay healthy and fit aswel as being a healthy weight for our baby. i am trying to eat healthy for the baby and myself. doesn't mean we are all being selfish worrying about our weight its natural after all we are women and under a lot of pressure. i also feel self conscious about my weight gain i thinks it just natural for women as we are under a lot of pressure for our appearances, that doesn't just change over night

Staci Sep 6, 2011 11:44:19 AM ET

I'm 5'6 and weigh 130... i weighed 120 before i got prenant, according to the calculator i'm 2 pounds over the recommended weight gain. but i'm not so sure this is taking into account the different ways our bodies react to pregnancy. because i can still fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes pretty comfortably, except for my breasts. which shot up from a c to overfilling a dd. this is defintely more than normal; most people can't even tell i'm pregnant, they just think i got a boob job. so my point is... take this with a grain of salt and listen to your doctor, they know you and can better answer your questions if you feel that you're gaining too much or not enough.

Elisha Sep 6, 2011 08:20:28 AM ET

Miranda, try not to worry too much about the weight gain. as long as your doctor says the baby looks ok then everything is fine. i am a few pounds under the minimum recommended gain but the baby is perfectly healthy and gaining weight just right. believe me, it was a very slow start for me gaining weight too. it gets a lot easier. all of a sudden you should see your scale creeping up. good luck!

GiNi Sep 5, 2011 04:54:28 PM ET

I'm 27 weeks 3 dys..this is my 2nd pregnancy but 1st baby..i'm 5'3....my pre pregnancy weight was 109 pounds..i'm now weighting 133 pounds..so a total of 24 pounds gained..it says i'm 5 pounds over...my recomended weight gain is 25-35 pounds

fati Sep 5, 2011 07:58:51 AM ET