You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator Comments & Discussion | Page 96

Read the full article at Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Melex Aug 8, 2011 05:40:53 PM ET

I am 27 weeks along and am only up 2 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. i am obese so my ob has stressed to gain 11-20 pounds saying anything more isn't good, anything less your baby won't be getting enough nutrients. for the first part of the pregnancy i didn't change much in my eating habits (other than cutting out caffeine) and i gained 7 pounds. @ weeks ago, i started cutting out the junk food...the occasioal fast food, instead of having a little chocolate i'll have carrots or an apple, etc...well, i have lost 5 pounds in those 2 weeks. is this alright?! my baby is measuring well and the heartbeat sounds great...but i can't get over this thought of my baby being malnourished if i don't gain. and, not only did i stop gaining, but i am losing! i do track my food to make sure i am eating a well balanced variety of foods and see that i am averaging between 1900-2200 calories per day. i eat when i'm hungry, never skip meal, and have small healthy snacks throughout the day. does this sound like enough calories? i cannot find a "number" anywhere for how many calories i should consume other than the 300 more than normal in the last trimester. well, what is my "normal" suppose to even be if i was obese in the first place.

Aurora Aug 7, 2011 12:11:19 AM ET

This is my 3rd pregnancy and i was overweight when i got pregnant. i gained 10 lbs within the first 9 weeks. i just have one of those bodies that gains 40 lbs during pregnancy, doesn't matter what and how much i eat - anyone else out there in the same boat?

jane Aug 6, 2011 06:14:52 AM ET

I am also 17 weeks and haven't gained anything, i think it is normal from what i can see from the comments below weight gain seems to vary quite dramatically. i lost a couple of pounds at first and have put them back on, now stuck at 55kg (5'2")in a book i read it said lots of women don't gain until week 24, so i am waiting until then. as long as you are eating healthily and your baby is a good size and weight i don't think it matters too much

Jenny Aug 4, 2011 08:18:49 PM ET

I am nearly 17 weeks and havent't gained any weight at all, im really concerned as had no morning sickness at all so no reason for it

Chelsea Aug 3, 2011 10:24:38 AM ET

Sam, to answer your question if your bmi was 30 then you really dont need to gain a lot of weight mine was 31 and i lost 27 lbs the first 5 months and i have gained 10 of it back and im 33 weeks now. your body knows what to do, plus pregnancy is no excuse to over eat or "eat for two" just eat smaller portions more frequently and things will go great!

Sam Aug 2, 2011 06:25:48 PM ET

This is mad, it breaks down weight gain and totals to well over 25 lbs but because i have a bmi of 30 i've been given a target weight gain of 10-18 lbs. so am i supposed to have to lose weight during pregnancy then? my doc says the same thing and it drives me mad!!! how can i only gain 10 lb when i could potentially have a 10 lb baby?!

Courtney Jul 31, 2011 01:50:00 AM ET

I'm 32 weeks today and i have only gained 3 - 5ish lbs depending on what day it is. has anyone else had this problem? i like to consider myself overweight because i carry my weight well im a muscular 5'1'' (172 pre preg. 177 now)but my ibm shows obese. has any one else that is around my size had a problem gaining weight? do you(anyone) think i should worry?

Courtney Jul 30, 2011 08:39:29 PM ET

Seems like everyone is having problems around 25 weeks. i'm also 8 pounds over than what i'm suppose to be. hopefully my next check up will be good and my doctor won't yell at me.

Jennifer Jul 28, 2011 02:59:15 PM ET

Dannielle, so you weigh a pound less then you did before you got pregnant. i'd say yes you should be worried. you are not supposed to lose weight while you're pregnant. you should've gained a good 15 lbs by now!

Corri Jul 27, 2011 10:28:44 PM ET

Erica, i wouldn't say your overweight that's a perfect weight for your size it's just what some national american thing says and healthy is what you feel. if you were on a normal weight you'd look too skinny and unhealthy most likely.

<< 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 Next >>