You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator Comments & Discussion | Page 97

Read the full article at Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Marie Jul 27, 2011 05:10:59 PM ET

Restricting your weight gain during pregnancy is not a good idea. saying, "i'm only going to gain 15 pounds with this pregnancy" is quite dangerous because you're going to be obsessing over counting calories or eating low-fat, low-calorie foods. the best approach is to eat healthy and stay active. if you gain 40 lbs, so be it. i gained over 50 lbs with my first pregnancy and lost it within a year. if you stay strong and active through your pregnancy, it will not be so difficult to lose the weight. if you become inactive, then the challenge will be to rebuild that muscle mass before you can effectively start to lose the weight and get back into shape.

stephanie Jul 26, 2011 03:56:46 PM ET

I'm 25 weeks pregnant and with my first pregnancy i gained a total of 37lbs and with this pregnancy i have gained 0, my doctor is not concerned because im eating very healthy so she said im probably losing the fat in my body, but the baby is great she weights 1.5lbs

objective Jul 26, 2011 02:05:36 PM ET

Breastfeeding does make the pounds melt off, thats with a healthy diet. don't overeat, or eat extra fat calories if your breast feeding, listen to your body and eat organic healthy. also, be aware of how birth control pills affect hormones and wieght after giving birth...i suggest no hormones, and get checked after 3 months to ensure you are are at normal prolactin levels for breastfeeding and eating healthy foods that provide the hormones your body needs. also implement an excercise routine with your baby as a wieght...good play time and mommy baby bonding...1 hour daily.

Dannielle Jul 26, 2011 09:21:46 AM ET

I am 27 weeks along with my third child. at the beginning of my pregnancy i weighed 122 lbs i am currently at 121 lbs. i feel huge but my scale disagrees and am starting to get concerned. i gained around 35 lbs with both my other pregnancies and delivered at only 34 weeks both were 5 lbs at birth. should i be worried????

Shannon Jul 25, 2011 02:29:22 PM ET

I am underweight. i was very depressed from a miscarriage and weighed 11 pounds less then i should have, but only 6 pounds under my normal weight. the doctor is counting me as a start off of my normal weight instead of my depressed weight. at first i gained nothing, but now i am 29 weeks and have managed a gain of 19 pounds from my normal weight! i need to gain 9 more pounds to stay on target. every woman is different and i would suggest talking to your doctor about your concerns!

Marie Jul 25, 2011 10:42:55 AM ET

I gained 40 pounds with my last pregnancy and was never able to lose more than 15 of it. it has been awful, trying to lose this weight for the last 2 years and failing over and over again, going from an always-slender person to an overweight one. now i am pregnant again and i will not gain more than 15 pounds. i really urge other pregnant women to be careful about their weight gain because once you put it on, it is very difficult to lose again (and yes, i breastfed for over a year and it is a myth that breastfeeding makes the pounds melt off!!)

Lisa Jul 22, 2011 12:10:39 PM ET

Weight gain is so different for everyone and every child. i am on my third, and the weight gain is completely different from my other two children. i eat healthy, but have stopped exercising, and feel like i have the flu everday. my prepregnancy weight was 114 lbs and now at 25 weeks i am 132 lbs- i weighed less than that when i was in labour with my second baby! yikes....hopefully the weight gain slows down...

Becky Jul 22, 2011 11:57:24 AM ET

I gained 40 with my first. this pregnancy i have a trainer that i see 2 times a week, and i track everything i eat on mydailyplate (which i have done since i had my son) and i am still on track to gain around 40 again (18 pounds up at 25 weeks). i just think your body does what your body does. i work out a ton and eat extremely healthy which i didnt with my first son! so just dont gorge and be healthy and your body will do the rest!

Erica Jul 22, 2011 10:41:07 AM ET

The calculator says i was over weight at the beginning of my preg (5'4" & 144lbs) but i was nurseing my son. was i really over weight?

Dawn Jul 21, 2011 08:50:15 PM ET

I am 18 weeks pregnant with my second child. i gained 50+ lbs with my son and was terrified with this baby. but i've lost 5 lbs with this pregnancy. i eat fairly normal, so i don't understand what is happening!

<< 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 Next >>