Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator Comments & Discussion | Page 99

Read the full article at Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Jenny Aug 5, 2011 12:18:49 AM ET

I am nearly 17 weeks and havent't gained any weight at all, im really concerned as had no morning sickness at all so no reason for it

Chelsea Aug 3, 2011 02:24:38 PM ET

Sam, to answer your question if your bmi was 30 then you really dont need to gain a lot of weight mine was 31 and i lost 27 lbs the first 5 months and i have gained 10 of it back and im 33 weeks now. your body knows what to do, plus pregnancy is no excuse to over eat or "eat for two" just eat smaller portions more frequently and things will go great!

Sam Aug 2, 2011 10:25:48 PM ET

This is mad, it breaks down weight gain and totals to well over 25 lbs but because i have a bmi of 30 i've been given a target weight gain of 10-18 lbs. so am i supposed to have to lose weight during pregnancy then? my doc says the same thing and it drives me mad!!! how can i only gain 10 lb when i could potentially have a 10 lb baby?!

Courtney Jul 31, 2011 05:50:00 AM ET

I'm 32 weeks today and i have only gained 3 - 5ish lbs depending on what day it is. has anyone else had this problem? i like to consider myself overweight because i carry my weight well im a muscular 5'1'' (172 pre preg. 177 now)but my ibm shows obese. has any one else that is around my size had a problem gaining weight? do you(anyone) think i should worry?

Courtney Jul 31, 2011 12:39:29 AM ET

Seems like everyone is having problems around 25 weeks. i'm also 8 pounds over than what i'm suppose to be. hopefully my next check up will be good and my doctor won't yell at me.

Jennifer Jul 28, 2011 06:59:15 PM ET

Dannielle, so you weigh a pound less then you did before you got pregnant. i'd say yes you should be worried. you are not supposed to lose weight while you're pregnant. you should've gained a good 15 lbs by now!

Corri Jul 28, 2011 02:28:44 AM ET

Erica, i wouldn't say your overweight that's a perfect weight for your size it's just what some national american thing says and healthy is what you feel. if you were on a normal weight you'd look too skinny and unhealthy most likely.

Marie Jul 27, 2011 09:10:59 PM ET

Restricting your weight gain during pregnancy is not a good idea. saying, "i'm only going to gain 15 pounds with this pregnancy" is quite dangerous because you're going to be obsessing over counting calories or eating low-fat, low-calorie foods. the best approach is to eat healthy and stay active. if you gain 40 lbs, so be it. i gained over 50 lbs with my first pregnancy and lost it within a year. if you stay strong and active through your pregnancy, it will not be so difficult to lose the weight. if you become inactive, then the challenge will be to rebuild that muscle mass before you can effectively start to lose the weight and get back into shape.

stephanie Jul 26, 2011 07:56:46 PM ET

I'm 25 weeks pregnant and with my first pregnancy i gained a total of 37lbs and with this pregnancy i have gained 0, my doctor is not concerned because im eating very healthy so she said im probably losing the fat in my body, but the baby is great she weights 1.5lbs

objective Jul 26, 2011 06:05:36 PM ET

Breastfeeding does make the pounds melt off, thats with a healthy diet. don't overeat, or eat extra fat calories if your breast feeding, listen to your body and eat organic healthy. also, be aware of how birth control pills affect hormones and wieght after giving birth...i suggest no hormones, and get checked after 3 months to ensure you are are at normal prolactin levels for breastfeeding and eating healthy foods that provide the hormones your body needs. also implement an excercise routine with your baby as a wieght...good play time and mommy baby bonding...1 hour daily.

<< 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 128 Next >>

You are commenting as .

Go back to Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You

"Hello!"
by codysartony in Meet & Greet!

"2ww symptoms"
by Jasminejosh1 in Ask a Question

"Baby"
by Myera1991 in Meet & Greet!

"Mom baby no2"
by princess2 in Meet & Greet!

"Hi"
by Kygirlbillie31 in Meet & Greet!

View More Topics or Ask a Question