Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > After a Loss >
Baby aspirin and progesterone

Baby aspirin and progesterone

Reply Post New Topic

• Mrs.Emily Mrs.Emily's Avatar 09-15-08 | 07:52 PM
  • I had 3 m/c and then in june they decided to test my progesterone on day 21, he also gave me a script for the progesterone supplements to start taking on day 21 after the blood draw (he didn't want me to take it earlier so it wouldn't interfere with the test), he said next cycle i should start taking it day 14.....but i didn't have a next cycle! I was pregnant and I stayed on the progesterone until 13 weeks. And I took one baby aspirin a day from Af until 10 weeks.

And I have a healthy 14.5 week old baby in me now!
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 09-15-08 | 07:59 PM
  • I always have done a baby aspirin per day while trying. With my other issues I have to take on every day until 48 hours before delivery.
  • ChandyRae ChandyRae's Avatar 09-15-08 | 08:48 PM
  • Thanks guys!! I went and saw the on-call doctor today, it was a long, terrible day but I got some answers and a plan of action. They did labs and an ultrasound and exam. She said my uterine lining was thin and she didn't think the baby every implanted. She's not my regular doc and my regular one doesn't do OB anymore, but I'll be switching to a provider in another town so she wants me to go there and have my pap done, and talk with them about everything. She suggested I get tested for a clotting disorder (thrombo something I think?) and start taking baby aspirin right away so it's already in me, and get my progesterone levels checked immediately the next time I get a positive test. I think I'll make an appointment with my new CP tomorrow or the next day, and hopefully get the ball rolling. I'm still trying to figure out whether to wait to ttc again or not; the new doc said she would suggest two normal cycles just to make sure my body's on track, but... well, if the eggs never implanted then my body really hasn't technically been pregnant since Laela, so why would I need to give it time to recover?

So I guess I'm just still on the fence. TTC is such a hard and all-consuming ride, it's just hard to have to think about doing it again and again... kwim?

• Mrs.Emily Mrs.Emily's Avatar 09-15-08 | 09:04 PM
  • I had an egg that didn't implant due to thin lining in early June, had the chemical pregnancy June 6th, and got pregnant again 2 weeks later with the progesterone....
  • saffy saffy's Avatar 09-17-08 | 04:57 PM
  • Glad you got some answers today. It definetly is a roller coaster ride.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work