Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Cycles after a m/c?

Reply Post New Topic

• rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 06-28-05 | 12:00 AM
  • I had a miscarriage this morning, and the doctor says I should wait two periods before we try again. I'm hoping those of you who have been through this can tell me when I can expect my period to return. I know I need time off to get my head together, but it would be helpful to me if someone could prepare me for what to expect. Thanks in advance.
  • Tamsin Tamsin's Avatar 06-28-05 | 09:27 AM
  • Hi Rudi,

I'm sorry to hear of your m/c (((HUGS)))

How far along were you? Did you need a D&C?

I've had 4, both m/c's and D&C's and my AF's have always arrived approx 6 weeks later.
    Sadly, It does tend to muck up cycles for a while, but again, it depends on how far along you were etc.

If it was early and there were no complications, then it's probably ok to start trying again after AF has been and gone.
    Dr's only advise longer for emotional reasons.

Take Care,

Tamsin
  • Ellie Bellie Ellie Bellie's Avatar 06-28-05 | 11:40 AM
  • sorry to hear about your loss ... i m/c-ed at 10 wks. in march and had a d&c in april ... af didn't return for 7 wks. and it was only 2 days ... my ob said to wait at least until the first af showed to ttc ... she said 2 cycles but then after my questioning agreed that 2 was kind of arbitrary but to at least wait the 1 ... i hope your healing period is quick and that you conceive again soon ...
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 06-28-05 | 03:38 PM
  • I was 12 weeks and had to have a D&C, which was a blessing because the bleeding is starting to taper off. Thank you both for the information and your kind words.
  • Leeann Leeann's Avatar 06-28-05 | 05:20 PM

•  

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work