Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Pain after D&C

Reply Post New Topic

• forever_loved25 forever_loved25's Avatar 11-23-07 | 12:23 AM
  • I had a d&c in march, and since then sex is sometimes painful. And I've noticed a painin aboutmy left ovary since then as well. Do you think the doctor who did the procedure could have messed up. Other doctors have looked and haven't said anything. Do you think I'm just being paranoid?
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 11-23-07 | 08:55 AM
  • Welcome to TBC! I'm sorry for your loss. I also had a loss in March (my second) and since then, I've had two more so I know exactly how you're feeling.

I would say that is intercourse is painful, that's definitely something to talk to your OB about. I've had three D&Cs in the last 12 months and I don't find it to be painful. Perhaps you have an adhesion or something on your ovary that needs care. I'd ask for an ultrasound to examine what might be happening in there.

I know how you long for that sticky BFP.
  • forever_loved25 forever_loved25's Avatar 11-23-07 | 02:03 PM
  • thanks. I have to wait until at least next monday before i can go to a doctor. As my insurance has expired, and I won't be able to go back until the 3rd. I can go if I want to pay a co-pay, but if I wait I won't have to pay anything. Thanks for the advice
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 11-23-07 | 02:16 PM
  • Welcome and I agree. I have had two D&Cs and nothing has been painful. I think talking to the dr is your best bet.
  • forever_loved25 forever_loved25's Avatar 11-25-07 | 03:07 AM
  • Thank you. If anything is worng from the D&C do you think that could keep me from conceiving? And I have one more question. Sometimes when I move just right, I get a horrible pain form around the area of my ovaries and uterus. I was wondering what you thought, that would be. I just like to hear from other people before I go to the doctor that way I know what I might be in for.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work