Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

to temp or not to temp?

Reply Post New Topic

• eds1999 eds1999's Avatar 11-15-07 | 07:42 PM
  • Im weighing the pros and cons here...I need some serious advice. I temped like a pro this last cycle and it cause some serious stress too. I've been at this TTC game. Can I get by with listening to my body and using OPK's to time my iui without the temp chart? While fertility friend IS useful...i found myself on that darn website comparing my chart with the gallery ones and obsessing more than EVER! I always hated those people who said, chill out and you'll get pg, but im starting to think they might be on to something... i didn't chart at all the month i did get pg....pros and cons people.... what would you do?? temp or don't temp?
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 11-15-07 | 10:46 PM
  • While I find it to be a bit obsessive, I like charting. I know what my body is doing, I know a day of ovulation, rather than a window of opportunity, and I feel generally like I am in tune with myself when I'm charting.

That said, if it caused you too much stress to chart, then don't do it.

You really need to do what YOU need to do to feel right.

• Just30 11-15-07 | 10:49 PM
  • Unfortunately, I had a sad end result, but...

I temped for 6 months and used OPKs. Finally, I felt that I was stressing so much with the temping (having it be the first thing you do/think about every morning) that I stopped and just used the OPKs. That was the month we got pregnant!!
    I also think OPKs give some sort of stress too...you ARE still trying to find out when you ovulate, BUT, I almost consider it a fun stress during a couple of days of the month.

Anyway, just my experience. I am temping right now just to see what is going on with me, but once I get back to a regular cycle, I'll probably just use OPKs since that worked last time.

Good luck!!!!!!
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 11-16-07 | 09:23 AM
  • I have never temped... I tried and only lasted three days because I kept forgetting before getting out of bed....

I just couldn't get there..

I'm not sure what I'd do in your shoes. I liked the OPKs also. I'd go that way unless a doctor told me otherwise.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work