Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > After a Loss >
What to think........??????

What to think........??????

Reply Post New Topic

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 10-28-07 | 10:10 AM
  • I went to bed on Friday with a headache and by 3:45am, it was a raging migraine, keeping me from sleeping. So I came downstairs to get a half of a Vicodin (the only thing I've found that kills the migraines) and an antibiotic for my sore throat (I had some leftover from a previous illness).

I've been expecting my first post-D&C AF this weekend and on Friday, I had a little spotting so I figured it was on. But it was old, brown spotting and nothing like I was expecting because of my previous D&C experience.

So to be on the safe side, before I took the Vicodin, I tested. I'm almost 5 weeks out from my D&C and we did DTD once on Oct. 12 but that's it. I knew the chances were slim but with the weird lack of bleeding and stuff, I thought a test was in order.

Low and behold, it was faintly, but definitely positive.

Okay, I'm sure you're thinking what I was thinking: "It's probably just leftover hCG from before the D&C." BUT--my hCG level was only around 80 at the time of the D&C and I had tested on Thursday before doing some construction work on our old house (I just wanted to be sure I was safe to breathe all of that stuff) and it was practically negative. There is a hint of a potential line but it looked more like my eyes playing tricks on me.

I tested again this morning and even DH looked at the test and said, "Ah, yeah--that's definitely positive."

SOOOOOOOOOO---I'm already scheduled for my D&C follow-up tomorrow morning so I guess we'll start figuring it out then. I should hear the results (if any) from the chromosomal analysis and the "habitual aborter" panel run a couple of weeks ago. And I guess I'll hold my pee in the morning to do a urine test in the office, too.

Okay, so what do you think? Is this for real?

Is this residual hCG?

Is it completely too risky for it to have happened so soon? Am I just a lunatic and seeing lines that don't exist?????

Last edited by Dopey406; 10-28-07 at 10:12 AM..
  • BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 10-28-07 | 10:17 AM

•  
    Thinking about you Deanna and hoping for the best for you!
  • ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 10-28-07 | 10:25 AM
  • You are not a lunatic I promise

(we're all a little crazy though

)

Things happen for a reason

If you were at 80 at your D&C 5 weeks ago there's no way that's residual HCG.... can't be-- that 80 would have been down to zero within 2 weeks I think....at the most!

Sticky, sticky, sticky....

(and I wanna see a pic)
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 10-28-07 | 11:04 AM

•  
    I hope this is it for you!

• 3Princes 10-28-07 | 11:09 AM
  • I would say it's not residual hcg. I mean, when I was giving myself injections of the stuff, they only made me wait 2 weeks to test. So I don't think at 5 weeks you would still be seeing such a thing. Good luck.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work