Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Worried...

Reply Post New Topic

• Just30 12-12-07 | 09:45 PM
  • Hello ladies. It's really starting to hit me tonight that I am worried about this baby. This is the same feeling that I had with my first pregnancy that ended in a loss (and I didn't even have reason to think it). I am the type of person who needs constant reassurance in mostly everything so not having an appt until January 3rd is going to be so hard. I may feel a little better tomorrow if/when I hear that my levels have increased (and hopefully doubled), but that still won't get me past the 7 1/2 week mark where I lost the baby 2 months ago.

I wish I could just enjoy myself and be worry-free, but I guess I wouldn't be human, right?

Anyway, I can't help these feelings, but was hoping for some encouragement and support. Does my loss increase my chances of having another one?

Thanks!!! I have posted on the DD boards, but will probably hang out here for a while, where I am comforted

• Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 12-12-07 | 09:58 PM
  • I just pm'd you. I don't think one loss increases your chances for a second, I was SHOCKED beyond belief after my first loss to find out how many co-workers and friends had had 1 loss and then had 2 or more healthy pregnancies and no repeat losses.
  • Just30 12-12-07 | 10:00 PM
  • I got your message...thanks!!! I'll have an update of my #s tomorrow so I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your response!!
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 12-13-07 | 12:15 AM
  • I hope tomorrow's numbers give you the reassurance I know you so desperately need.

• JenniferG JenniferG's Avatar 12-13-07 | 12:29 AM
  • I also hope that tomorrow's numbers give you reassurance. I think it is only human to worry. I know that I worried for the 9 months I was pregnant. The second time I thought it would be better but I still worried. Then your little one arrives and you still worry. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work