Baby Corner

Old 01-22-10, 01:09 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 2755.92%
Default It's official! She starts next week!

It was a long & hard decision, but I finally chose a daycare & went by there yesterday evening to drop off paper work. She will start next week, going 2 days a week, Tuesdays and Fridays.

The director seemed to really want us to commit to a timeframe of when we think she will be going to full-time. Apparently the class is at capacity for 1 teacher & she would have to hire another teacher for just those 2 & it would of course be more cost effective to have a teacher there for all those days. (or I guess she has to move a teacher from another class, I'm not sure) I am not sure why she never brought this up before when I have never indicated anything more than 2 days and I have gone to tour this center twice. I have a feeling we will end up going to full time in the near future though as I am not sure we can afford $86.00 a week for 2 days at the center, $96.00 every 2 weeks to my mom for the 3 days a week she will have her, plus supplying them both with diapers & wipes. (b/c my mom says that with us paying her $64.00 less every 2 weeks than before, she doesn't think she can afford to continue to buy diapers & wipes herself.....then in the same breath she says what a better deal she is than full time day care at $171.00 per week) <<<
Sorry, that got a little off-topic & more vent there for a minute! I am nervous & also excited for dd to start day care. Need to go get diapers, wipes, & start labeling all her stuff this weekend. (sippy cups, sheet, blanket, etc)

Old 01-22-10, 02:16 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 115.1%

Best wishes! Keep us posted on how she's doing.

Old 01-22-10, 04:39 PM
is cancer free :)
Community Member

Thanked 432 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 37.55%

I will say the cost is always a factor. When we switch DD from in home care to a Daycare center, we had wanted to do a 2 day 3 day thing for 1/2 a year - we couldn't afford it and went straight to the Daycare Center for 5 days a week. Good luck!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools