Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Preschool >
"Diaper Free" Movement? could you or couldnt you

"Diaper Free" Movement? could you or couldnt you

Reply Post New Topic

• happe2day happe2day's Avatar 08-28-07 | 03:04 PM
  • Has anyone heard of this. i think you would litterally have to have no life to make sure your eyes are on your child 24/7 to see when they go to the bathroom even when they are sleeping for thats when they go the most. i dont know in my opinion i just couldnt do this. could any of you? i give props to the moms and dads who can do this. for sure!!!!

[URL="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20464264/wid/11915773?GT1=10316"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20464264/wid/11915773?GT1=10316[/URL]
  • NicholeMatthew NicholeMatthew's Avatar 08-28-07 | 03:08 PM
  • heck no I think it is mom training not baby training... and quite frankly with 4 kids, I don't think I'd make it every time (heck I don't have enough time to make it to the bathroom MYSELF sometimes!)

Imagine (in my case here): In the middle of cooking dinner, the boys watching tv quietly, and my daughter starts throwing a fit because the shoe she wants on is 3 sizes to small, just then the boys start fighting (why, we don't know) and Addi makes a look that looks like she has to go, and we RUN to the bathroom (and in the mean time the dinner is still cooking right) well she goes we clean up dinner is on fire, and I have 3 SCREAMING kids, becaus eth 2 are still fighting, the house smells funny (which my daughter can't but help point out) and I have to find something ELSE for dinner...

NOT HAPENING!
  • mccabek mccabek's Avatar 08-28-07 | 07:57 PM
  • hahahahahaha....I second that and I only have the one! Something really doesn't seem right. I love the idea of not creating extra waste but aren't cloth diapers taking care of that in many cases? I also like the idea that my child would not be sitting in a wet diaper but then I change him often and he doesn't sit around in a wet diaper. Also, if the baby has an accident in their underwear then they will be totally soaked through. At least diapers work to wick away the moisture from the skin. Maybe I'm overthinking this but it just doesn't seem right to expect an infant to potty train. They are still learning how to eat, sleep, etc.
  • 3Princes 08-28-07 | 08:49 PM
  • It's not so much that I couldnt but that I wouldn't want to. Well, I probably couldn't either. There is someone on this site who did this-- elimination communication-- and her daughter is Josh's age and has been trained a long time.
  • JenniferG JenniferG's Avatar 08-28-07 | 09:49 PM
  • I wouldn't want to do this. I do however start toilet training at 1 year in our house. Makenna was dry at night at one year and was toilet trained at 18 months. I did sign with her as well and she did make the potty sign but it was later in the game.

Latest Articles

Baby Corner Writer Submission Guidelines

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations melissa0718!!

Enter Your Baby's Photo