Baby Corner

Old 02-18-13, 04:07 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 5626.67%
Default Vent- Smug parents

UGHHH! I am so sick of hearing crap come out of some smug and seemingly perfect parents! Such as: (feel free to fill in the blanks to ANYTHING)

"We simply never allow our kids to ______. Itís just not acceptable in our house! We correct right away when ______. My _ year old has been _____ and we just tell her that in order for us to listen to her, she needs to talk normally." (didn't take out the last bit and input a blank because then it just didn't make any sense...this blurb was about baby talk and/or whining)

But I hear it or read it on other forum-type sites ALL the time and it is REALLY annoying. And how is it helpful?? Do they not think for one second that we all started out with good intentions and have been trying to correct behavior and discipline "by the books" and in a loving manner and the reason people are on the forums or chatting with their mom-friends about it is because they have already tried just about everything and nothing seems to work? And are they implying that their kids are just a perfect as they are? Cuz I call bull* on that.

End rant.

Old 02-18-13, 10:12 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 1601.67%

Yea, thats pretty annoying. Hate that!

Old 02-19-13, 04:05 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 3118.33%

Have had the same thing happen to me as well. Last time I can recall it was over using cute "baby words" (i.e. Alicia calls her monkey doll Ew Ew Ah Ah, as in the sound a monkey makes, so we started calling it that too because it was so cute) and I got almost verbatim the comment you posted!

Old 02-19-13, 09:50 PM
is is needing a day off!
Admin Team

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 4130.83%

I used to be a perfect parent...and then I had kids. lol

Old 08-07-13, 07:12 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 158.33%

Yes it indeed can be very annoying. All of us start off being parents with the intention of instilling good values in our kids. But then it takes all kinds of people to make this world.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools