Baby Corner

Old 10-12-04, 10:46 PM
is is trying to do 100 things at once
Community Member

Thanked 215 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default 2 month check-up

I took Jake to the Dr this afternoon. He is doing well. He now weighs 12 pds 9 oz and is 23 1/4 inches long. He was 6 pds 12 oz and 20 inches at birth. He has almost doubled in size! The ped said he was in the 75th percentile for weight and height. His little rolls are so cute!! I love chubby babies. My 1st DS was a little tub too. He got 5 vaccines today. His 1st since the hospital. But they only had to poke him 3 times. He did great. He only cried less than a minute and then was asleep on my shoulder before we were out of the Dr office. The nurse was great. She did them all really quick. The only problem we have is that he has a hurnia. His little belly button pokes out. The ped said that it is a small one and that little hurnias like that normally heal themselves and his belly button should recess. I told him the other day he was fussing and straining and it got pretty big. I told him that I touched it and it gurgled which I of course thought was highly strange! He said "Oh, that's just his bowels. When that happens just push his belly button back in" He had me feel it while we were there. He said that only time we have to worry is if we try to push it and it is hard and won't recess back into his tummy or gets really red. It doesn't seem to bother Jake in the least. We don't have to go back until 4 months unless we have a problem. So, all in all it was a good appt. He did really well.

Old 10-13-04, 01:02 AM
tired mommy of 2

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

wow Jake is a little chunky monkey ain't he??? I bet it is too cute. I hope the hernia corrects itself and there are no other problems. Sounds like it was a good appt!

Old 10-13-04, 02:40 AM
Charlotte's mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Sounds like a great appoiment. I wouldn't be too concerned about the hernia. My dh, my brother and sister all had hernias. (I wonder why I got so lucky as to not have one. ) It is really common.

Old 10-13-04, 05:53 AM
is catching up
2004 Co-Mod and good egg!

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Talking

Sounds like a good appt, what a great growth rate too, almost doulbe, well done!!
Sorry to hear about his hernia, doesn't sound too serious tho.
Love Helen

Old 10-13-04, 08:59 AM
Mama To GIRLS!

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

Sounds like a great appointment! Keep us updated on the hernia thing, I'm sure it will be fine!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools