Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age >
bring a parent to school day

bring a parent to school day

Reply Post New Topic

• mama2skyetj mama2skyetj's Avatar 03-12-07 | 08:28 AM
  • I don't think I had mentioned this or not. But for this whole month they are having a bring a parent to school day I picked today. Its CDD not the typical preschool. But I told Skye I will be there after lunch and she is excited The nice part is Tims mother and stepfather are going to watch TJ for me so I don't have to worry about him and then they are staying for dinner
  • mom2nj 03-12-07 | 02:44 PM
  • thats great. have fun
  • grama2ruth grama2ruth's Avatar 03-12-07 | 09:11 PM
  • That's great that Skye is so excited. Have a great time.
  • mama2skyetj mama2skyetj's Avatar 03-13-07 | 07:16 AM
  • It went well Skye was as quiet as she usually is there so I got to really see the difference between home and school. She needed to be prompted for everything even the stuff I knew she knew what to do. But there are about 10 kids in her class that they divide up to in 2 groups and I have to say it was very loud in the classroom. All of the other kids were very loud (not screaming but just talking very loudly) and they couldn't sit still so just a lot of activity in the room. When she was playing in the rice box the other kids would just say here skye take this cup i'll have that one and she just lets go I honestly wanted to cry because I knew she wanted the one cup but she won't stick up for herself. The aide that was working there just looks at me and says yeah we have our little bosses and our passive kids that don't really care. At this point I was trying very hard to hold back tears so I couldn't talk but I'm going to talk to her teacher about having everyone just help prompt Skye to say its my turn right now. But Skye was happy to have me there her face just lit up when she saw me and she did a little wave because they were in circle time. When they transitioned to their next activity I got a Hi Mom with a big smile and hug.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work