Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

How was your mothers day?

Reply Post New Topic

• HelenWendy HelenWendy's Avatar 05-15-06 | 11:41 AM
  • Quote de Pumkin
    Mine was good. We had church in the morning then when we came home dh made pancakes and eggs and coffee. Then I watched the rest of King Kong and just layed on the couch most of the day I dozed off for just a little while then we had reservations for dinner at 4:00. It was the really nice buffet and the dinner was excellent! Both the girls were very well behaved and ate really well. Haleigh made me a card from her, Ciara and Daddy. My dad is here from Ohio so he went to dinner with us. He gave me my mother's bible that he got her for their 30th anniversary with her name inscribed on the front and said "here is a Mother's Day present from heaven" Then he gave me her ring when we were at the table. again. Then we all went home and I looked through her bible, there were some bookmarks and stuff in there. They just left it the way the found it. One of the bookmarks was actually from the minister that baptised me as a baby Anyway, after that we just played with the kids, got them ready for bed then Survivor came on. The girls went to bed about 8:15 and I layed on the couch the rest of the night
    So I take it from that firstly your Dad is well again now? I hope he is ok, and the bible was such a lovely present to have esp with all the things left in it, and was the ring the one you were on about, was that a ring or a necklace or something you were argueing with ur sis and aunt over, I have prob got some details mixed up!!
  • Pumkin Pumkin's Avatar 05-15-06 | 02:34 PM
  • Quote de HelenWendy
    So I take it from that firstly your Dad is well again now? I hope he is ok, and the bible was such a lovely present to have esp with all the things left in it, and was the ring the one you were on about, was that a ring or a necklace or something you were argueing with ur sis and aunt over, I have prob got some details mixed up!!
    Well, Dad is doing as well as can be expected. He still has his moments and get tired very, very easily. I don't remember if I posted or not but 4 of his 5 bypasses are 95% blocked and 3 of his original arteries are 95% blocked and all the others are 50-60% blocked They have him on massive blood thiners etc. to keep the blood flowing through his heart. Yes, the bible was very nice and I'm glad they left it the way they found it. The ring is the ring but I wasn't arguing or anything. This is the ring my grandmother left my mother. Originally she said it was to be split up (there are two bands and a center ring) between the three of us. Apparently somewhere along the way she decided she didn't want it split up. She kind of hinted that to me and said something to my bf once. I "thought" she passed without ever saying anything and still wanted it split. However,not too long ago my Dad told me that she said it was supposed to go to me, the whole thing and not to split it but he is the only person she told. When she did pass he said he felt bad and didn't think she was thinking clearly when she said it. He said he would feel bad if the other two girls didn't get any of it Soooooo, it is now devided. I got the Center ring and my sisters each got a band.

Sorry for the book
  • mama2skyetj mama2skyetj's Avatar 05-15-06 | 02:39 PM
  • Oh Ruth wow what a emotional dinner. Sorry that your Dad is not well but glad that you got to go to dinner with him
  • pixiewings76 pixiewings76's Avatar 05-15-06 | 11:38 PM
  • It was like any other day. This whole spending the holidays alone is really wearing thin. I did give all the kids some spray bottle and we had fun spraying eachother outside. It has been really hot here. In the 100's. I braved leaving the house to go rent a few movies. Got McD's on the way home for dinner and then came home and watched movies. I got to see "The Family Stone". Wasn't a bad movie. Was pretty funny. I really want to see "Rumor Has It", but they were out of it. I really can wait for the next 2 weeks to be over! I'm glad everyone had nice Mother's Days.
  • inluv4ever inluv4ever's Avatar 05-16-06 | 05:29 PM
  • I got a braclet and a necklace.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work