Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age >
Patience - How did the camping party go?

Patience - How did the camping party go?

Reply Post New Topic

• 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 10-03-11 | 12:25 PM
  • You mentioned it in another post. Tell us about it please!
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 10-04-11 | 09:42 AM
  • From the looks of her pictures on FB it went great!
  • Patience Patience's Avatar 10-04-11 | 10:15 AM
  • Thanks for asking. It went okay. The weather did NOT cooperate at all. It rained and rained some more. LOL! We kept things indoors and only had 15 kids show up (not the 22 who RSVP'd) so that helped a bit.

The only bad part was that all of the boys with behavioral issues showed up, and only 1 of the "good boys" came. It was crazy how misbehaved they were. The girls were surprisingly well behaved. Only Ili's one friend who is a screamer was a bit loud, but she always is. LOL! The boys were trying to choke each other (and the girls) stealing Sharpie markers from my desk to "make mustaches" on other kids, etc... It was a little intense. I'm sure it was just the perfect storm of being cooped up for 2 days with the weather and then being set loose at a party with lots of friends and only Bob and I supervising.

This one boy really got on my nerves. He is gifted and lets everyone know it. He kept loudly picking on their classmate who is autistic, tried to go in our basement to let our dogs up and eat all the party food (I wanted to kill him) and he was the Sharpie thief! DD said he is really nice and kind usually. I don't know if she just can't read people or he was just a jerk that one time but he was on my last nerve from the beginning. LOL! His Mom and sister seemed very nice, so maybe he was just acting up this one time. Still, I'm okay not having him over again.

It sounds like the kids had fun despite what it felt like to Bob and I, so that is all that matters. I just WON'T be doing that again any time soon. LOL!

Had it been outside I think we wouldn't have had the behavior issues or if the boys who are well behaved had been there to corral the wild ones it would have been okay too.

I made WAY too much food and went WAY overboard with dietary needs of each kid, etc...so I learned my lesson there too.

I was also shocked that most parents just dropped their kids and ran. The few we caught up to and asked them to leave a phone number in case of emergency were SHOCKED that we had them do that. Is that weird to you guys too? I just felt like we don't know all these families, if a kid got hurt or sick, what were we supposed to do, wait until the party pick up time to let them know?

ILi wants only a girl party next time. LOL! I can't say I blame her. For once the boys were MUCH harder to handle than the girls.

Here are a few pics from the party.

[url]https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2474980925031.2141729.1567684880[/url]
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 10-04-11 | 11:43 AM
  • did all of them spend the night?

And yes you're normal they are morons for not leaving their numbers. Just recently Brent was at a party and his 2 front teeth were knocked out (again). Then at that same party another kid started throwing up at the laser tag place. You NEVER know what could happen.
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 10-04-11 | 12:50 PM
  • I agree - MORON parents for not leaving their numbers!!!

I'm glad all the kids had fun (even if you didn't )

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work