Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

WWYD?

Reply Post New Topic

• DanieH DanieH's Avatar 10-17-11 | 08:44 AM
  • Kaitlyn has this friend that shes known since preschool. Nice girl and went to her bday party 2 years ago. The party was at her aunts house or someplace....the mother looked sloppy but dismissed it. Well, I noticed friday night, picking up Kaitlyn from GS( her friend is in there as well), I was behind the mother and she smelled....bad. My mom talks to her while waiting to pick them up from school and she mentioned that her toes are filthy...like dirt under the nails, gross...dresses sloppy. How would you handle this? I know I cannot prevent Kaitlyn from not being friends w/ her, but seriously worried about her getting lice...and I dont think I would want her over her house anytime soon. Its a shame that people live this way.
  • Patience Patience's Avatar 10-17-11 | 10:10 AM
  • I don't blame you on wanting to keep your distance. I had a friend like that in grade school. Her Dad was a teacher at our school in fact, and her Mom was very nice, but their house was filthy (garbage in the fire place filthy) and they never seemed "clean".

She got picked on pretty badly (as did her twin brother) even though our school rarely picked on anyone. It was sad.

I think I wouldn't have the kids not be friends though. If she is a nice and kind girl, just keep the play times at parks or invite her over. If you are worried about the lice, just make sure and tie DD's hair back and maybe use one of those home remedies for prevention.

In actuality if the woman really is dirty she might have less of a chance for having lice so I've heard. Lice doesn't reflect a persons hygiene, it actually might stick less to dirty hair do to the oils (so I've heard).

That is really sad though. Wonder if she is just a big time hippy or has some kind of mental problem? Either way, sad for the children.
  • DanieH DanieH's Avatar 10-17-11 | 10:15 AM
  • Shes a nice woman, but her hygiene is just awful. She has a son about 2ish and shes engaged..ugh. When my mom mentioned how was her place, I forgot it wasnt at her home for the bday party, but her aunts....
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 10-17-11 | 11:27 AM
  • Yuck. I can't stand filth and if someone smells I'd probably barf. I have flashbacks of a girl that was in our 6th grade class that smelled so bad and her hair was nasty and I swear I could see bugs crawling around in her hair.

Ick... I'd stay as far away as possible.
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 10-17-11 | 12:10 PM
  • Patience is right about the lice...they like clean hair.

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!