Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers >
Birthdays, mastitis, and H1N1...

Birthdays, mastitis, and H1N1...

Reply Post New Topic

• Mark'sbabygirl Mark'sbabygirl's Avatar 11-02-09 | 07:25 PM
  • So, tomorrow is my birthday. It is just so amazing to me because LAST year I had a really tough one. I turned 35, wasn't pregnant, and DH and I were undergoing fertility testing- I actually had my prescription for clomid filled on my birthday last year, lol. And, this year I am a mommy . WOW! I am so happy I can't even STAND it! I feel SO blessed to have our baby girl and DH...life is good. DH's mom and step-dad came over last night and MIL cooked us dinner! It was SO sweet. There isn't alot I can eat right now because of DD's reflux, so MIL made us a nice spaghetti dinner with garlic bread, salad, and of course chocolate cake! It was so nice to have them come over and for her to cook for us. And, of course, it melts my heart to see them with DD. Tomorrow my parents are coming over and are going to pick up a vegan pizza for me as I have been DYING to eat pizza. We found a pizza place that isn't too far that has soy cheese....I know it sounds nasty, but it is better than no pizza at all! I am sure i will go get myself a pumpkin spice latte in the morning as well hehehe. My mom is also making me a pumpkin pie with coconut milk instead of evaporated milk as that is my favorite dessert. I can't wait! On Saturday my sis and her family and going to meet us at my mom's and we are going to order chinese so it is like a whole week of celebrations (I know everyone just wants to see Hope....hahaha).

So today..now that is an interesting story, lol. It turns out I have mastitis, but it really isn't that bad. I developed a painful lump last weds. and it hasn't gone away even with heat and cold and massage. Luckily I don't feel bad and I don't have a fever or anything, as I know some women can get very sick. So I went to the doc this morning and he prescribed me some antibiotics. He also asked if I was going to get the H1N1 vaccine and I said I was planning on it, although of course my medical clinic doesn't have it yet. He said he had heard that the Health Dept. got some this weekend and that I should check with them. So, on the way home I called them to find out where the building was because I knew it was on my way home. Turns out they have walk-in clinics during the week. So, miraculously (you should see the maze of buildings down there) I found it, walked in and was one of the last people to get the shot before they broke for lunch. It is SO funny- I just happend to have to go to the doctor that day- and they just happend to have the vaccine. It hasn't been advertised in the paper or anything yet, so not too many people knew they had it. Anyway, I thought it was kind of funny.
    So, there you have my long ramble...moslty I just keep reflecting on where I was last year on my b-day and that this year I am SO happy to be a mommy. I keep starting to cry every time I think about it. I have shared this journey with many of you ladies and it means alot to me able to share mommyhood with you too

Thanks for reading if you got through it all, lol!!!
  • Keepers Keepers's Avatar 11-02-09 | 08:18 PM
  • Happy Birthday Heidi.

I remember your birthday last year and that latte and pumpkin pie lol. I also reflect on where we were last year, its so amazing the difference a year can make. I hope your mastitis clears up quickly and glad you were able to get the H1N1. I should be getting mine in about 2 weeks at work. I will be glad when my boys Dr office gets it in. And again Happy Birthday!
Thank you Keepers!
Mark'sbabygirl (11-02-09)
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 11-02-09 | 09:06 PM
  • Happy birthday!!!

I hope the mastitis clears up fast! I had a plugged duct last week, too, and fortunately with some crafty positioning, heat, and painful massage, I worked it out before it became mastitis. With Sarah in the hospital, it was THE LAST thing I wanted to happen!!

It sounds like you have a great birthday week planned! Have a blast!
Thank you Dopey406!
  • amitrat amitrat's Avatar 11-02-09 | 09:10 PM
  • Happy Birthday - what a difference a year makes! Glad you got the H1N1 - I will be glad when I can get it, but I am just a regular Joe, so no one will give it to me yet!
Thank you amitrat!
  • alb526 alb526's Avatar 11-02-09 | 09:13 PM
  • Happy birthday Heidi! I've been thinking a lot about this time last year, I was on the verge of 35 too and wondering how it would all play out. Enjoy your birthday week!
Thank you alb526!