Baby Corner

Old 08-31-15, 04:48 PM

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 41.67%
Angry Constipated Toddler on the Road

We are on day 4 of our trip and DD is constipated. We are on a 3 week trip to the west and southwest. I think she is backed up because of riding in the car so long. Yesterday and today we have made several "potty" stops for DD. She really needs to be able to stand to go potty especially if she needs to poop. We are in our truck/camper combo. Truck has a back seat for DDs carseat. It obvious she really needs to poo poo. This morning, because I knew she need some relief soon, I gave her a liquid suppository during her diaper change. When we stop and letting her run around, she walks around until she obviously feels the urge to poop and then stops and gets into "the position". The position is a standing half squat with legs slightly spread. She pushes, turns red, and grunts for while. Then she starts walking around until she needs to try to go again. Poor thing is trying so hard to go. I am making sure she constantly has a sippy cup of water or watered down juice. She had two prunes at lunch. I think when we get stopped for the night she is gonna need some bare bottom time if she can't do her business while we travel. We did that last night and she tried to poo poo for quite awhile before she got tired and fell asleep. I know she is must miserable.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools