Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

feild trips

Reply Post New Topic

• MImom23 MImom23's Avatar 04-23-08 | 11:54 AM
  • Do you go on feild trips with your childs class?? Here is my issue DS is going on a feild trip on May 1 and DD is going to the same place on May 2 well it is a 1 hour or more drive and I have to drive cuz I have to take DD (who is 2) with me if she is allowed to go, then there end of the year trip will be in 2 different places on the same day. so I guess I am torn on what to do, I am kinda hoping that DS's new glasses are in on his feild trip day & I will go down and bring him home and stop and pick them up (we will pass the office going there) So what do you do for feild trips?? I am not "friends" with any other parents that might be driving.

• cynthia cynthia's Avatar 04-23-08 | 01:28 PM
  • Before my girls took "bussed" field trips, I ALWAYS drove them..I'm just funny that way, I want to be the one driving them. Now that our oldest is in 1st grade, I either volunteer to chaperone and go with them on the bus, or in the case of this past Monday where only one chaperone was allowed to attend, I just let her go with the class on the bus and I didnt attend.
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 04-23-08 | 01:37 PM
  • I pick and choose. With 3 kids and me working full time it's just impossible for me to go to all of them. I do try to go the same number of times for each kid. I just went to Brent's a few weeks ago so I'm going to go with Brooke on Monday. Here parents are NEVER allowed to ride the bus even at the private daycare. I could take them with me in the car but the fun of the trip to them is riding the bus so I will follow. Gas is so expensive though.

• Natascha Natascha's Avatar 04-23-08 | 01:45 PM
  • I've always had at least one child home during school, so I've never attended any field trips.
  • MImom23 MImom23's Avatar 04-23-08 | 02:45 PM
  • See Parents are allowed to ride the bus, but not the little one (kaylee). even if they were different weeks I could see going to both it is just one is thursday and the other is friday and that is alot of gas money and driving in two days. last year I went to there end of the year picnic but they were in the same place where this year they should be in different locations, I am going to check with the teachers today.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work