Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

food allergies?

Reply Post New Topic

• holly302 06-09-08 | 12:10 AM
  • yesterday i noticed a red patch on lola's left cheeck..i thought it was a mark from where she slept, but it is still there...does anyone know what symptoms food allergies would come about in a child who has just started solids? would a rash only come up on one cheeck? it also feels a little warm to the touch

she doesnt seem too bothered by it, but i thought i would ask...she really doesnt swallow alot of the cereal or veggies..im having a hard time with her tongue reflec to keep any at all in her mouth.
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 06-09-08 | 07:19 AM
  • I don't think that's allergies. If it were, you would have skin reactions over more of her body. For example, one time I gave Marek fresh strawberries, and within ten minutes he looked like a strawberry himself (little red spots all over his body).

Is the skin rough or dry? Marek has a tendency to get a red, dry patch just on his left cheek if I don't keep moisturizer on his face. That was the first think I thought of when you posted this.
  • jennigirl jennigirl's Avatar 06-09-08 | 10:00 AM
  • sounds like eczema?? Maybe it's just her body saying ohhh, that's different!

Eczema can be a sign of food allergies, but if it isn't too bad, I might be likely to think it's just her body adjusting to it. I don't know really........I'm just talkin' outta my a$$!!!

• dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 06-09-08 | 10:22 AM
  • every time i have seen a food allergy, its been a rash around teh mouth area, lots of red patches, not just one, IA with jenni, sounds like exzema
  • Jen_C Jen_C's Avatar 06-09-08 | 12:10 PM

•  
    I don't think it's food allergies. When Cora had a bottle of regular formula she broke out in hives everywhere the formula touched her skin (it got on her neck and all around where her bib sat). Other time's she just got hives all over her body. They went away within 2 hours.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work