Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Growing baby

Reply Post New Topic

• ~babywanted~ ~babywanted~'s Avatar 06-06-08 | 09:37 PM
  • I cannot believe how big Julien is. I pulled out Alex's 9 month clothes and a few 12 months and he fits most of them them perfectly! He's 2 months

He is 17#!!! It is SO different from Alex. Alex wasn't this weight until 9 months. And Julien is 25 1/2" and Alex hit that length at 5 months. I'm just in awe. How can two babies be so different and come from the same body??? I'm embarassed to say that I've had moments of worry that this will mean he'll have weight problems as an adult...which I "think" I know is proposterous, but I'm not completely assured by myself. He gets only breastmilk and doesn't seem to eat more than the average 2 month old. Both his father and I are tall but slim people, so were does he get it???? I keep forgeting to ask DH's mom if Dan was like this as a baby. I just assumed I'd have another slim baby. With Alex, the comments were always, "he's so tiny..." With Julien, it is, "wow, he's a big boy. How old is he???" I don't want to fixate on his weight either and set up a label as the "big boy." I'm guessing it will start to even out as he ages.

• dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 06-06-08 | 09:47 PM
  • i really wouldn't worry about later weight issues. i was worried where mike and i are bigger , and gavin seems to be a hefty one too. but our doctor has reassured me over and over again, and i have seen it with kids i know, they all average out in time. My nepher was gynormous as a baby, all head and belly, but since he turnmed one and started walking, hes so slim, and very average looking.

I hear all the time, and even notice myslef, making comments about how big Gavin is. I am not worried though, and think Julien is just oerfect. Ava and Gavin have been about the same thus far, but to me Gavin seems to be a bit bigger. Just remember within a few months they will be active, and woring off some of that baby flubber. And like i remond myself everydsay when i look in the morror at myself, being pleasantly plump isn't so bad!!!!!
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 06-06-08 | 11:15 PM
  • Tall people can have really big babies, and they may be chubby when they're little and then end up tall and lean. I would not worry in the least that he's going to be obese. Some of the fattest babies I've ever seen are now tall and skinny!
  • jennigirl jennigirl's Avatar 06-06-08 | 11:18 PM

•  
    Laura! I constantly second guess myself about overfeeding, especially with Noah being on formula and how big he is........but DH was a very big baby, so I remind myself daily not to stress about it, but it's soooo hard!
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 06-06-08 | 11:19 PM
  • Oh, and Laura, Julien was almost 2 pounds heavier than Alex at birth. He got a huge head start!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work