Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Hey Meeg

Reply Post New Topic

• 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 08-30-04 | 01:44 PM
  • Are you around? Its about time for an update!
  • :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 08-30-04 | 03:09 PM

•  
    Hopefully that baby has made an appearance - I think she was close!
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 09-01-04 | 05:39 PM
  • Baby was born via c/sect a few weeks ago & I've seen her post a few times since but not about the baby.

Meeg, where are you?
  • meeg 09-01-04 | 06:36 PM
  • I'm here, most of my computer time is spent with the baby attached so its hard to type, I've been keeping it short!

She's doing great, she's so beautiful! Growing like a weed already. She's 3wks tomorrow and probably 9.5lbs by now. She was up to 9lbs at her 2wk check.

So obviously breast feeding is going well for her, but I'm still having significant pain. I've been to the LC 2x already and had planned to go back tomorrow if I wasn't seeing some improvement but I think its better yesterday and today. They diagnosed me with "nipple vasospasms", where the circulation to the nipple is cut off momentarily and then when blood flow returns it causes intense pain (much like when your foot falls asleep). It was happening pretty much all day long off and on.

On a more positive note I've lost 25+lbs already and was able to get my jeans on and zipped today, but there was an awful lot of..."over hang". LOL.

DH is still home, he goes back to work after labor day. His mother is coming tonight and will be here for 2wks. My OB was adamant that I do nothing for as long as possible and DH is taking her seriously

He's doing laundry and grocery shopping and vacuuming and stuff like that. He's such a great hubby. And today is our 14th wedding aniversary!
  • Diane1212 Diane1212's Avatar 09-01-04 | 07:42 PM
  • You sound great, Meeg! Baby is growing great! I'm glad to hear the breastfeeding is getting better, that sounds incredibly painful!

You lucky thing, being waited on! How nice for you! Do you enjoy having your MIL around? Does your mom still live with or near you?

How are the other kids doing?

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work