Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Homework

Reply Post New Topic

• Diane1212 Diane1212's Avatar 09-02-04 | 12:00 PM
  • Connor brought home his homework calendar for September last night. It looks very easy for him so far, anyway. Last night's assignment was to say the alphabet slowly, each letter separately, repeat until you get it right. Of course Connor got it right the first time. There were two worksheets that are for later in the month, but he did them last night too! They were both math, one was to color in a specified number of items on three lines, then to say which one was the highest number. The other was a pattern sequence type thing.

Other things on the calendar are to find objects in the house that start with a specific letter, count as high as he can, things like that. So seems easy so far.

Oh, and they also sent home a permission slip for the first field trip - to an apple orchard! They go Sept. 13.

Last edited by Diane1212; 09-02-04 at 12:32 PM..
  • DanJoshMom DanJoshMom's Avatar 09-02-04 | 01:34 PM
  • Daniel's homework so far was to bring in something to decorate his name. We took dinosaurs, but his teacher said they were too heavy. He had to bring in an environmental print (labels or brand names) which start with D so he took in a Dolly Madison donut label. He's had to write out his name five times every night this week and tomorrow we have to take an empty can.
  • BethandBrandon BethandBrandon's Avatar 09-02-04 | 03:02 PM
  • Brandons teacher send a homework folder home on Monday's and its due back on Fridays. There is work in it for each night of the week. So far its all stuff Brandon already knows and its not overwhelming. I'm just surprised he has homework every night.
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 09-02-04 | 03:24 PM
  • Rachel's school goes to an apple orchard every year. We've been there twice so far.

They also go to a pumpkin patch every year but I'm not sure where else they will go.

I like the idea of homework. Get them in the habit of doing it now when its fun. But putting it on a calendar rather than sending it home daily or weekly seems like it would be easy to forget to do something.
  • janney janney's Avatar 09-02-04 | 04:35 PM
  • We have not received our homework calendar yet, and we have been in school the longest! I hope to get it after labor day, not sure what is taking so long! Alex has had homework since day one!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work