Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Hope's last bottle!

Reply Post New Topic

• Mark'sbabygirl Mark'sbabygirl's Avatar 10-01-10 | 11:22 AM
  • Hope had her last bottle the other morning! The boobie juice is gone! (except for some we kept just in case the new baby were to need it- it's in the deep freeze). She was down to one bottle every other day and finally finished with her last one. Of course, I cried- my baby isn't a baby if she doesn't have a bottle! Also, just knowing that we had used all of the breastmilk that I had worked so hard for. I am very proud, but it was very emotional, lol.
  • Keepers Keepers's Avatar 10-01-10 | 11:41 AM
  • Thats exciting! We are no where close to getting Presley off the bottle. Both my boys were off before their one year bday. I dont know if its because I am not pushing it for her to be off because she is my last or what. I will prob be very emotional when she does take her last bottle too....:')
Thank you Keepers!
Mark'sbabygirl (10-01-10)
  • Mark'sbabygirl Mark'sbabygirl's Avatar 10-01-10 | 11:55 AM
  • Hope doesn't really care about the bottle- it's not comforting to her or anything- that's her PACI- which we aren't ready to give up either. I know she will miss having some warm milkies in the morning, but she really wasn't attached to it so it was easy to phase it out. She doesn't even like sippy cups! She prefers to drink (mostly water- she doesn't like to drink milk) out of a regular cup. And, she likes it to be nice and cold with ice just like her daddy, lol!
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 10-01-10 | 12:04 PM

•  
    It's such a harsh reality when we have to face the fact that they're not babies anymore. Alex is still nursing once or twice a day. He's my last baby so I'm hanging on and he enjoys it still so we're going to keep going as long as he'll allow (within reason).

DH wants me to wean him by his 2nd birthday and that might be the natural progression of things anyway but we're playing it by ear.
  • Mark'sbabygirl Mark'sbabygirl's Avatar 10-01-10 | 12:18 PM
  • I can only imagine how much harder it must be with breastfeeding....I know that would be so tough!! Especially if it's your last one!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work