Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

How much time

Reply Post New Topic

• jesswho jesswho's Avatar 06-09-08 | 01:01 PM
  • do you actually spend one-on-one with your baby? I started to feel guilty today cause I feel like I move her from the swing to the bouncy seat and back again depending on what room we're in. She's perfectly happy to hang out in either (or on the activity mat) but I feel bad...

I always feed her and then we "talk" for a few minutes, do some tummy time, sometimes nap together, but I have things to do (eat, wash bottles, laundry)...I feel like I'm taking advantage of her good nature. I can even put her in the crib and if she doesn't fall asleep she'll just hang out in there for a while. When I come back in she just smiles at me.

Am I spending enough time or just being silly?
  • jennigirl jennigirl's Avatar 06-09-08 | 01:31 PM
  • I have no idea what the "right" amount of time is, or if there is one, but I have the same guilt!

We do the best we can, and "independant" play apparently leads to good self esteem!!
  • wantabelly wantabelly's Avatar 06-09-08 | 04:49 PM
  • As long as she's happy, I wouldn't worry about it. You're obviously meeting her needs! Its important for them to have some alone time too so they can learn and explore in their own little ways.
  • CarolleZ CarolleZ's Avatar 06-09-08 | 05:34 PM

•  
    I sometimes feel guilty too.. but now I've decided if she's not upset then it's fine to let her play independently.
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 06-09-08 | 10:07 PM
  • If she's feeling neglected, she'll let you know.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work