Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

i gave it a try

Reply Post New Topic

• holly302 06-06-08 | 01:28 PM
  • oatmeal that is...and Lola really enjoyed it. i only gave her 3 baby spoonfuls, since i am wanting her majority of calories to still come from BM. She really took to it. Now, i give her a veggie and a spoonful or two of oatmeal once a day.

I really like that link that Farah gave us for the baby cubes..i was reading the when to introduce solids bit and i agreed with what they said...also, in a couple of weeks i plan on giving lola mashed up avacado..i did it with Michael and he really liked it too...it stated in this article the benefits of avacado.

i know i keep saying it, but i will post some pics of lola eating her first foods...we have to go get her a highchair this weekend...jenni, you should show the pics of Noah in his! he is adorable!!
Thank you holly302!
jennigirl (06-06-08)
  • ~babywanted~ ~babywanted~'s Avatar 06-06-08 | 01:32 PM
  • Great!! Alex loved avocado and still does!
Thank you ~babywanted~!
holly302 (06-07-08)
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 06-06-08 | 06:29 PM
  • how does she like the veggies and how much do you give her?
Thank you brandimichelle!
holly302 (06-07-08)
  • holly302 06-06-08 | 08:51 PM
  • so far i have only given her carrots. she seems to enjoy them, but i have to make sure they are a tad warmer than room temp. i am assuming it is because she is used to bm that is body temp. if it is the least bit cold, she gets angry!

i only give her about 5 spoonfuls and most of that ends up on her bib. i give it to her until she turns her head (usually after a few spoonfuls)

she seems to really enjoy her oatmeal. i just realized today that the oatmeal i have been giving her is also mixed with bananas!! what a dumb a$$ i have been! i hope it doesnt bother her...but, i have only given her a few spoonfuls of that at a time also..she only gets it once a day. i still want the majority of her food to be bm.
  • dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 06-06-08 | 09:49 PM
  • glad she like sher food holly. i tried peas tonight, and Gavin made the most horrified look, i wish i had my camera with me!
Thank you dianelynn77!
holly302 (06-07-08)

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work