Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers >
my mover and shaker, and not sleeper

my mover and shaker, and not sleeper

Reply Post New Topic

• alla_pech 12-15-08 | 02:40 PM
  • Edy is now 7.5 months, and this kid cannot sit still, or be in one spot for longer then couple of minutes/seconds. He is crawling a bit, but does not like it too much. trying to pull himself up, sometime succeeds, and wants to walk holding 2 hands and can do this all day long. Needless to say, my back is killing me.
    However, the one thing that I am having a hard time with, is lack of sleep, still. I am exhausted. He goes to bed at around 7:30-8:00, and usually wakes up anywhere between 3 and 5 am, and is hungry. Sometimes it is at 12:30. I don't know what to do. How do I make him sleep longer? he eats cereal before going to bed, and will have a bit of formula also. I tried dream feed, and that did not change anything. any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 12-15-08 | 02:46 PM
  • Alexa still wakes up some nights.. more than not.. I just deal with it.

she scoots around on her butt these days. no crawling or rolling..
  • hmeisi 12-22-08 | 05:24 PM
  • My son did this also up until just last month he is 9 months now but I was not feeding him when he woke (dr said it was Ok not to) and finally I just did the ferber method (letting him cry it out) I would go in there (he stands in his crib) so I would rub his back alittle and lay him down and say time for night night and leave wait 5 mins and do the same thing then 10 mins and so on the first night he went a few mins into the 15 min round the second night 10 mins and the third I only did it once he now is sleeping through

it is hard to listen to the crying but if you know he is otherwise ok it is worth it in the long run. You could start by trying to skip the feeding and just rocking him - then start the ferber method.

Are you giving him any soilds besides cereal? you could try a little more food might get him through the night.

Mine eat dinner(solids - vegs, fruit, puffs) at 515pm and get a bottle at 715 then to bed.

Good luck I know how you feel!!!!!

Heidi
  • alla_pech 01-02-09 | 12:49 PM
  • sorry I haven't replied, Edy was really sick.
    He is eating solids, and usually has dinner at around 5:30, and then bottle at 7:30. However, since he's been sick, he is actually waking up 3-4 times a night now. I'm going to give him couple more days to get 100%, and then I will try athe CIO method. I don't know how successful I will be. I know he does not usually need a bottle, as he only has may be half of it, it is comfort more then anything. I am going to try the CIO, and if it doesn't work, I was thinking of switching to water. may be he'll figure out, what's the point of getting up for that?!?! What do you think?