Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

OMG! WHAT IS GOING ON?

Reply Post New Topic

• Mark'sbabygirl Mark'sbabygirl's Avatar 10-08-10 | 01:46 PM
  • Hope has been getting a bunch of teeth at once too, but they aren't bothering her THAT much! Hugs to everyone!!
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 10-13-10 | 12:45 PM
  • Any update on this? I hope he is ok.

• Mark'sbabygirl Mark'sbabygirl's Avatar 10-13-10 | 02:08 PM
  • I was just wondering the same thing??? Thinking of you!
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 10-13-10 | 10:09 PM
  • ???? wondering how you are managing to cope with it????
  • LMB2007 LMB2007's Avatar 10-14-10 | 09:12 AM
  • Thanks everyone for all the supportive comments. Things have gotten much better. When I switched him from formula to whole milk I talked to the Dr about his possibility of being too sensitive to it (because of his past lactose isssues). She assured me that since when I quit breastfeeding and he took regular formula for 3 months without issues, he should be fine. Well it took about a week or so after I switched to the whole milk to put 2 & 2 together. I mentioned it to the Dr but she still kept saying she didn't think that was it. He was slightly constipated so she suggested to take him off of the milk for a week. We wouldn't ya know, for that week, normal baby again. After the week was up I put him back on the milk (per her suggestions) and right back to misery. Finally last week I just told her straight up that I'm positive he can't have milk. She finally said I can put him on Soy milk (which I have been asking about all along). So anyway, he has been on Soy milk for 6 days and is acting great again.

I was just so stressed and confused for a while because I thought I knew what it was (I did) but the Dr was telling me no. It ticks me off when I feel like I know what is going on and a Dr or nurse is telling me I'm wrong, only to find out later that my instincts were right the whole time. This is the 2nd time this has happened with him when it comes to formula/milk. When he was first born he had to be on formula for a few days until my milk supply came in. They automatically brought in Enfamil Lipil and he kept throwing it up. I suggested a soy formula and the nurse told me he was acting "normal" and that it was because he was a C-Section baby... What?!? So I finally talked to another nurse who agreed to bring me something different. Well what do you know? He was no longer throwing up.

So anyways, he's doing better and the stress is slowly exiting my body. LOL Overall he is really happy and good again, aside from the crazy tantrums that he throws. He's just like DH... LOL!