Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers >
A question for those who make baby food.

A question for those who make baby food.

Reply Post New Topic

• Keepers Keepers's Avatar 11-09-09 | 11:35 AM
  • I am planning on making Presleys baby food, for one, because I know what is in it and two because its cheaper!
    But I have a question. When you go out somewhere during feeding time, how do you store the baby food so that it would be good? Do you just put a frozen cube in the container and let it dethaw or what? I am just trying to get all my ducks in a row. I am going to see if I can wait until she is around 6 months to start baby food, but the doctor already said at the next appt that we would talk about adding some cereal and foods.
    When did you start foods with your little one?
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 11-09-09 | 01:39 PM

•  

4 months on the dot... she has always been an awesome eater!!

I made most of Avery's food too

Thank you brandimichelle!
Keepers (11-09-09)
  • amitrat amitrat's Avatar 11-09-09 | 10:14 PM
  • I would think a cold pack would work - you might still have frozen food, though when you want to use it! I didn't make my own, so I have no idea.

As far as feeding, we started @ 4 months and she is just about done with the babystuff at 8 months. She has no teeth, yet, but it doesn't stop her. She will actually throw a fit and refuse to eat if we don't give her what we are having. She had tiny pieces of chicken cutlet and green beens tonight - go figure!
Thank you amitrat!
Keepers (11-10-09)
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 11-10-09 | 11:24 AM
  • We start at 4 months, too.

When we go out, thawing depends on how long it will be before time to eat. If it'll be long enough that I know the cubes will thaw on their own, I just leave them. If it won't be that long, I thaw them before we leave.
Thank you Dopey406!
Keepers (11-10-09)
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 11-10-09 | 11:58 AM
  • **lurking**

IA w/the above. I bought a few small tupper-ware snack size containers & also this, which I used a lot:

But I used a different spoon than the one that came with it. It came in really handy after we had gone through all the foods & she was eating a rounded meal with a meat plus 2 veggies or 1 veggie & 1 fruit for dinners & lunches.

More often than not, I would go ahead and warm/thaw in the microwave before we left & pack everything up.

We only started cereal at 4 months, so I never had to bring it anywhere unless we went out for a big breakfast on the weekends. We started "dinner" with veggie at 6 months.
Thank you MrsS1stbaby!
Keepers (11-10-09)