Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Sandals at school

Reply Post New Topic

• Natascha Natascha's Avatar 04-16-08 | 09:36 AM
  • They're not allowed to wear crocs, here, because of safety issues.
  • HelenWendy HelenWendy's Avatar 04-18-08 | 05:32 PM
  • Oliver has to wear uniforn so even if he wore shorts he would still have to wear grey socks and black shoes, not that he has worn shorts as his uniform to school, last summer was rubbish and too cold mostly.
  • SnowboardingMommy SnowboardingMommy's Avatar 04-19-08 | 07:40 PM
  • Shaye's school doesn't allow open toe shoes. She has to wear socks every day because they take their shoes off in the classroom. My kids have Crocs and I love them for summer kick around shoes because they can easily put them on without my help, they hold up nicely, and are quick on/off. She has worn them to school once, but I prefer to send her in shoes with velcro. We rotate between the Robeez Tredz (she has

pair) or

Stride Rite casuals.
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 04-21-08 | 09:55 PM
  • My school district won't tell kids what they can and can't wear because of the civil liberties infringement. The only statement they make is that clothes can't bear an illegal or immoral message -- like drugs, smoking or sex.

So -- for shoes kids can wear whatever -- including flip flops which many do and it annoys me to no end!!!

I wish my district wasn't so liberal on this because so many kids look like street walkers and gang-bangers which is a such a joke in my white bread suburb!!

Joe has two pairs of shoes for school-- sneakers and Merrills. He can pick, but 80% of the time he picks the sneaks.
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 04-21-08 | 10:18 PM
  • do they limit heelies?
    because they should limit based on safety no matter what.
    There is no civil liberties infringement in keeping kids safe.

ie: there isn't a single manufacturing facility that allows open toed (or heeled for that matter) shoes on the manufacturing floor.
    Not if they want to pass inspections from goverment agencies and ISO and OSHA and all that good stuff....
    schools should be no different. it is a serious safety issue. Those kids should NOT be out on a playground trying to climb up rungs in flip flops!!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work