Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Sleeping on stomach

Reply Post New Topic

• jesswho jesswho's Avatar 04-30-08 | 08:31 PM
  • Who was it that admitted they put their baby down on their tummy to sleep? I know that Cass would sleep better that way but everywhere I look they put the fear of G-d into you that the baby will die!

Someone tell me I can try this...I would love to get a good night's sleep. I'll take 4 hours even...
  • ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 04-30-08 | 08:33 PM
  • Rudi mentioned it--

my babies never liked it so I never had to cross that bridge

• jennigirl jennigirl's Avatar 04-30-08 | 10:43 PM
  • my neighbours baby only sleeps on his stomach. He's 11 weeks old now, and she's so scared, she sleeps in his room on the floor all night.........but it's all she can do to get some sleep!
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 04-30-08 | 10:45 PM
  • I only let Avery sleep on her stomach if I'm awake and with her... however, a study that one of NICU nurses showed me was that babies 02 sats are higher when they are on their stomach... just found that interesting.
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 04-30-08 | 10:55 PM
  • I admit it - it's me. And I'm also the one who has a crib death in the family (my nephew at 3 months). Neither of my boys sleeps worth a darn on their backs. I justify it by having the AngelCare monitor with the motion sensor. But I gotta tell you, Lukas is such a strong kid and moves around so well that I don't worry much about him.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work