Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Sorry Ive been MIA

Reply Post New Topic

• hklord hklord's Avatar 01-19-11 | 09:18 AM
  • Sorry ive been out for awhile things around here have been crazy. Things between Dh and I havent been so good here lately so Sunday he just packed his stuff and moved out and left me and the kids. I think what bothers me the most is he packed his things in front of Logen and didnt tell him why he was leaving he just said daddy is leaving. I am in the process of trying to find a lawyers so I can get the divorce filings underway. I offered for him to have the boys every weekend and he actually said nah every other weekend will be fine. Really? what father only wants there kids every other weekend. I have had to try and arrange for Braxton to go day care since I am in school .Logen is doing suprising well so far. he told me last night he is glad he doesnt have to hear daddy yell all the time anymore. I am going to try and be on here more now I just thought i would give you all a little update.
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 01-19-11 | 09:35 AM
  • I'm sorry, Kristi. Divorce is never easy (I know, as my first marriage of 10 years ended amicably in 2000), but I think it's particularly tough when kids are involved. It saddens me to hear that your dh doesn't want to be more involved in the boys' lives, but I know you'll come through it ok. Definitely lean on your support system (friends and family), because it hurts a lot even if it's the right thing to do.
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 01-19-11 | 10:50 AM
  • Oh, Kristie, I'm so sorry! I was not expecting this- I just figured you have been busy with school and the boys. I'm glad to hear that you sound like you are handling this well & are such a strong woman for the boys. Keep on being this positive example & light in your boys life and in the end everything will turn out. (((hugs)))
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 01-19-11 | 12:54 PM
  • Oh no! I am so sorry to be reading this! I cannot imagine what this would be like to go thru, especially with kids. I am so saddened to read about Logan seeing and reacting, that is so sad. Stay strong for those boys!

• lauralkemp lauralkemp's Avatar 01-19-11 | 02:10 PM
  • Kristie,
    I'm very sorry you and the boys have to go through all this. I hope the divorce goes through with minimum fuss and muss considering the boys. Messy divorce seems to always be harder on kids. Just remember you are a very strong woman and God never gives you more then you can handle. I know that's true too.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work